Chapter 12: Sleepover

After my mini freak-out we said our goodbyes me going back to my tent, him going back to his. When I got back to the tent I remembered it wasn't just me...it was several other people there. "God dammit" I thought to myself. The tent was loud despite it being late at night. I got my dirty stuff and tossed it in the pile of other clothes I had. I'll wash all my clothes in the morning, I said to myself. Before I went to bed I thought I should say hi to Maccie. I found her in a group of other people, they were all talking so I ended up leaving back to my cot.

I don't wanna interrupt her and her conversation. Finally I made it back. Damn I was tired. I started to stare at the tent roof if you could call it that. Then in my head a little movie played of all the events that had previously happened. I slowly drifted off to sleep with a faint smile on my lips.

I was awakened late in the afternoon. I was a little bit suprised when someone told me the time, because I thought they'd wake me up to get to work or do a task. I guess not. I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and get ready. Once I finished, I went outside to see what I do. I passed by Maccie on the way and boy did she ask me a lot a questions. Not only that but she gave me a big hug which I liked. After I answered a few of her questions she said she had to get back to work. So I told her bye and said we'd talk later.  I passed by the place where we washed clothes which reminded me. SHIT MY CLOTHES THEYRE GONNA STINK. So I immediately started running back to the tent to pick up my clothes to wash them.

After I got the pile and put in a bag I started my walk back to the washing area. I sat on the ground and started washing my clothes in the bucket we had. I made sure to wash them good cause who knows how much dust or gunk got into them while I was gone. After I did that, I hung my clothes up to dry. I waited by watching the clouds, thinking of the different shapes they could be. By the time they finished drying it was late. Man I missed dinner...whatever I'll eat tomorrow. I started to fold the clothes to put them back in the bag.

Then I started the walk back once more. I'm so tired maybe I should just stay here I thought. Before I was able to make up my mind, I ran into the Harbinger. Yes!! Maybe he will let me stay at his cabin he's done it before, I thought to myself. I walked up to him, and he looked at me with a suprised face. Before I could ask him anything he started screaming

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU OUT?" he screamed. Wow he sure loved to scream.

"I was just washing my clothes sir." I said tiredly this was a bad idea.

"Whatever are you going back to camp?" he asked.

"Well- the thing is...I'm really tired and it would be great if you'd let me sleep on your floor since it's closer." I asked hoping, pleading, praying he'd take pity and say yes.

He instead starting laughing. He laughed so hard I swear I could see him wipe a few tears away. I was really confused what was so funny?! After he composed himself he started speaking.

"You slept half the day and you're still tired." he said before going into another this time smaller laughing fit.

"How'd you know I slept half the day?" I asked him.

"Well during role call I called your name, and the other recruits told me you were asleep, so I told them to leave you be." he said.

For some reason I could feel myself heat up a bit.

"Thank you for that, I owe you" I said.

"So about that other favor??" I asked him.

"I guess you can stay, but just tonight, and you'll owe me two things." he said. I nodded my head fast and he took me back to his cabin.

(hi guy i'm back again my bad for leaving okay bye)