{13} Well . . . ✔️

Alexis' POV 

"Well to answer your question I use any pronouns. Now, if y'all excuse me I have some exploring to d-." Steve comes into the room,  "you aren't going anywhere, kid. We have a mission." I roll my eyes, and plop on the couch next to tony, who is drinking coffee. "Capsicle, we seriously saved new York two days ago. Let us have a break." I sit up and cross my arms, "steve, I seriously just came back to earth last night, and I'm in a whole different time zone from what I'm used to. If you make me do something else im going to throw a fucking tantrum." Tony chuckled a bit.

"Sorry Alexis, but someone stole the scepter two days ago. We need to find it." Shit, I still have it in my pocket dimension. Well time to stretch the truth."ughhhhh! If I give you a bit of information will you let us take a break." He thinks about it for a second, then nods. "You don't have to worry about it just yet, we still have a couple of years until the world needs the Avengers again. All everyone has to do until then is wait it out and chill. The only thing y'all should be doing is stupid missions for fury or whatever he makes y'all do."

Natasha then speaks up, "what are you going to do since we aren't needed?" I shrug, "be a teenager dumb dumb. What else do you think I'm going to do? Speaking of which, tony do you have a 50?" He takes out his wallet, "no but I do have a 100, wh-" I snatch it and walk towards the elevator, "that will do, see y'all losers." I throw a peace sign and walk into the elevator. Before the doors close tony yells out, "be home by 6, kid!" I yell back "yeah, whatever!" The doors closes and I sigh. Time for some me time.

I exit the build and I am met with the great city of new york. I start walking I don't know where I'm going but I can learn. What can a 16 year old do in fucking new york? I need coffee. I need my books. Where's my fucking phone? Ugh it doesn't matter it was out of battery anyways.

As I'm walking I have a feeling I'm being watched. I walk up to a newspaper stand and pay for a newspaper. I need to get this fucker cornered, and I still need coffee. I walk across the street and see a bit of the person but can't tell who it is. I walk into a cafe and order a caramel iced coffee. I sit in one of the corner booths and I open my newspaper and pretend to read it and drink my coffee. "Mena." I look up and roll my eyes. "What do you want fury?"

"Heard from the grape vine that you came back." He sips on his black coffee. Fucking weirdo who fucking drinks straight black coffee. "Yep, last night." I make a small hole in the air and grab my pen. I start the crossword, "you know its weird to follow around a 16 year old around new York and have coffee with them." "We need to know where the scepter is and last time I check you had it." I shrug and lean back into the booth, "well maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Last time I checked I don't have any fucks to give out. Also I still don't work for you, so I don't have to tell you anything." He slams a small briefcase on the table and slides it to me. "What's this?" "Payment. You tell me what you think I should know and I pay you. If you don't have any information yet I will still pay you every month." I open the case and see stacks of 100s, I close it. "What's the catch?" "You help out every once in a while. Mainly the Avengers and me. Contract is in the case think about it, call me when you made up your mind." He leaves a tip and leaves.

What the fuck. I open the case and grab the contract, I put the case in my pocket dimension. I skim it and it's exactly what fury explained. I sigh and  put the contract in my PD and leave a tip and leave the cafe.

Once outside I walk out back and put a black mask around my eyes. I fly my way back to the tower. It's probably around 3 O clock. Should I tell the others? My stomach rumbles, maybe should get some pizza.

Written:Feb. 17,2022