{19}"Daphne Jones meet Mom and Dad"✔

Alex's POV 

I stand in front of the dorm room door and double check i have the right door, under the door number there is a name. Daphne jones, I think back to the profile that natasha and clint gave me of her. freshman, 3.2 GPA, Has a single mom and is the oldest of three, did a lot of hours of a minimum wage job at a her local mall, and from Houston, Texas. She reminds me of. . .me.

These mother fuckers think i'm a joke. 

I open the door and i am hit with the smell of cleaning supplies, and a bit of cininimon, from what i can see because of the candle. Yeah, thats a fire hazard, but hey who gives a fuck. She didn't notice me at first, understandable she was setting up her bed and had her earbuds in. As soon as she saw me she jumped a little and quickly took off her earbuds and smiled. "Um sorry, i didn't hear you come in. I'm Daphne Jones, but since we are going to be roommates, you can call me  DJ." She sticked out her hand for me to shake. I smiled, at the familiar southern accent,   "It's okay, i get lost too in music too. I'm Meghan Marcos. I don't really have a nickname but i'm open to any ideas." As soon as i opened to speak she recognized my accent, and got really excited. "Oh my god, where are you from?" She sits down on her half way done bed and i continue to set up my side. "I am from Houston, Texas and by the sound of your accent you are from the south too." I lay out my mattress pad and sheets. 

She laughs, "Hold up, I'm also from Houston. What county?" 

Fuck, why must I never leave my county. "Harris."

please be from another county

please be from- 

"Oh i'm from Harris too!"

Fuck me. I am so going to kill natasha and clint.

Fuck it, Nick fury too. 

"Holy shit, Did you follow me?" I said in a joking manner, and laughed convincingly. Luckily she laughed too. "What's your major? that you had to come from houston to the big apple." She asked as she went back to making her bed. "English and creative writing, you?" I place down my two pillows. "Criminal Justice, I want to be a lawyer. My mom always said i am very good at arguments and debate." 

I unpack the clothes, and the desk supplies, that SHIELD packed, I needed to get her to come with me to the party. 

"That's cool, have you heard of the sorority party welcome party?" She quarked up at my question, "well yeah, who hasn't. Why, do you want to go?" I smirked. "duh, this is my chance to finally do something fun. Something to do other than be in a room and do my studies. Classes don't start until Monday, and we can unpack the rest of our stuff after the party." I needed to convince her, i had to use her social life against her.

And sadly she reminds me of me. She looks at me unsure of what to do. She looks at her stacks of books on her desk, and then back at me, she sighs. "Fine, but we have to get here before 1, I want to get a head start on the reading for next week." I smiled, "Fuck yeah." 

Time Skip

We make our way to the cafeteria and we get in line to get food. I spot Clint and Natasha on one of the tables, eating and talking to each other. All the food is set up like a buffet and we pick up a tray and plates. "So why do you really want to go to this party?" Daphne asks as she grabs a slice of pizza. I grab a cheese burger and fries, "well mostly to rebel my parents for following me to university." As she grabs a water bottle she has a confused glance at me. "Really? Are they Staff?" I nod and grab a diet coke. "Yep." I motion my head behind us, where you can see everyone eating their food. "you see the redhead lady and the blonde?" She pays for her food and waits for me to pay for mine. Lucky shield is paying for everything i do here. "Yeah? they are looking over here." I pay for my lunch and turn around, and they are indeed looking at us. "Ugh, they can be such a pain, i swear. Especially dad, you should have seen his face when i dyed my blue tips." 

"They can't be that bad." oh daphne if only you knew. "if we walk past them ignore them, they are going to want to meet you and basically interrogate you." come on take the bait. 

"Megahn, sweetie. Come sit with us we saved you a seat!" Clint basically yelled across the whole cafeteria, right as we were going to pass them. I didn't expect he was going to yell that line. I can feel my cheeks and ears turn red and hot. Daphne being the nice person she is decide we should sit with them. Yes she took the bait, but at what costs. 

We sit side by side in front of them and they both immediately smile. I roll my eyes and "Why did you have to yell that? you could have texted me." Natasha speaks up, "Why do we have to, You're our kid. Are you embarrassed of us, dear." People around us start to whisper and look at us. I use my flannel collar as a cover. "Well yeah, whose parents follow their kid to college and be staff workers." Clint smiles and laughs, "Well loving parents of course. Now are you going to be nice and introduce us to your friend?" I roll my eyes. 

"Um mom, dad this Daphne Jones, she's my roommate. Daphne this is my mom and dad." 

Daphne smiles and shakes their hands, "it's so nice to meet y'all. Meghan has told me so much about y'all. Its so sweet that y'all moved from texas to new york to be with your daughter. "

Natasha smiles, "of course, at least you understand, unlike someone on this table." 

"Oh my god, Yall are so embarrassing. Daphne i thought you were on my side." I took a bite out of my burger and everyone of them laughed at my suffering. 

Please let the seat swallow me whole, and can this mission go any slower.

Written on: July 28, 2022