Chapter 6: The Gangster Behind the Wall

As three children happily played together with a soccer ball, Giorno and Bucciarati continue their talk. All the while, Bucciarati was still stunned by Giorno's bold declaration to join the gang, and get rid of the drugs plaguing Naples. He had never met anyone with such an unyielding ambition before. "I'm open, pass it!" A little boy called out to his friends. The soccer ball was thrown at him and the child tried to kick it back or at least father away, but he had accidentally kicked into the direction of the white-suited gangster. Hitting him in the back. Bucciarati turned around to face the children and they immediately went pale as they knew they were going to get into a lot of trouble. However, instead of being scolded or yelled at, Bucciarati went to the idle ball and with great skill, kicked it up and passed it back to the three boys.

Giorno smiled at that. This single act was even more proof that he was right. Bucciarati had once again demonstrated his good heart. After the children thanked Bucciarati and gave him a sincere apology, the boys ran off to play their game elsewhere. "Fine then. I'll report that I was unable to locate Luca's attacker, then I'll introduce you to begin the initiation process." Bucciarati tells Giorno. Deciding on giving him a chance at changing things. He then gave him a very serious look. "But you should know, if it ever gets out that you're attempting to take down The Boss, I'll be forced to cut ties with you. A traitor stands alone on an island of isolation. Your failure will be yours and yours alone." He said. Turning to lean against the railing beside him.

"Nothing certain yet, but your resolve is undeniable. I respect that kind of nobility, and I commend your golden aspiration. You have my support." Bucciarati said. Giving a rather kind smile. Giorno smiled back, glad to have found an ally in the sky-blue eyed man. That's when Giorno looked in the corner of his eye, and his whole face went pale. Bucciarati blinked in confusion and looked out in front of them. That same girl from the funicular was now approaching them. What the..? Had she followed them here? She looked nervous but still had some courage to keep moving.

"Excuse me, but who exactly might you be?" Bucciarati asked her while Giorno stayed oddly quiet. The ruby-eyed girl bowed her head and went into her bag to take out her notebook and pen. This caught the gangster by surprise when she began writing in it. When she was done, she shyly handed it to him. Bucciarati looked in between her and the notebook before taking it in his hands. "'Buongiorno, my name is Aria Serenità. I deeply apologise but I had overheard your talk about cleansing the city of the drug trading, and I ask if I could be a member in your syndicate as well.'"

Giorno's eyes widened and he felt his heart sink to his stomach. No! She can't join! That is what he desperately wanted to shout. Aria was a gentle soul and had no business entering the mafia world. She meant everything to Giorno. He swore that he would never get her involved in this type of life. If she joins, then anything that would happen to her would be all his fault and he couldn't live with that guilt. But he couldn't do anything. He already made the mistake of calling her by her name and if he tries to steer her away, she'll no doubt question him about it. 'Aria...please...don't do this. Whatever you wish to do for this city, let me do it for you.' Giorno pleaded. Hoping that Bucciarati would send her away.

Bucciarati re-read the girl's words and started to go deep in thought. Aria...that name sounded familiar...where did he-? His eyes slightly widened as he began to remember. That's right, he remembered being told about this girl a few times before. Bucciarati regained his composure and took a glance at the now anxious Giorno. "And may I ask why you wish to join our syndicate? Is your resolve the same as Giorno's?" Bucciarati asked. Aria nodded and pointed at her notebook, holding out her hand.

Bucciarati gave it back to her and she wrote out her next words on the page. She then held it up for both of them to see. "I want to do something good for my home and the innocent children that are suffering from the unseen cruelty. That is my wish...as well as...wanting to find my father. I know it's not going to be easy, but I promise to work hard and do what I can to help. You have my word." Aria looked sheepish but tried to look strong. There was a moment of silence between the three of them before Bucciarati began to walk away. "Both of you, come with me." He said. Authorising the young girl's request to join them. Aria quickly put away her notebook and followed him. With a heavy heart, Giorno did as well.