Chapter 9: Joining The Famiglia

Later into the night, Giorno and Aria sat in silence. Resting up in Giorno's dorm room, sitting side by side on his bed as they watched the flame of the lighter lit up the small part of his desk. Though there was hardly ever a point to it, they figured to just complete the "test" as normal. Giorno glanced at the girl beside him in worry. When they made it back to his room, he immediately took action and cleaned and patched up the wound on her head. "Are you okay? How's your head? Any pain?" He gently asked.

Aria looked up at him in slight surprise but shook her head. Smiling that warm smile of hers. "No, I'm okay. Please don't worry about me. I'm just... a little tired after today." She signed.

"Hm...I don't blame you. Anyone would've been overwhelmed taking that all at once." Giorno said, trying to smile back, but...the look of guilt on his face was evident. "I'm sorry... It was my fault you got hurt in the first place. I should've-." He began to say before Aria waved her hand. Cutting him off.

"Please, don't blame yourself. That Stand was strong, and I'm okay. Honest." Aria signed. "The wound still stings a little, but it'll get better eventually."

Giorno wasn't entirely convinced, but looking at her smiling face made him decide to trust in her words. Aria has always been an honest person and has no reason to lie about anything. Giorno nodded in head and slowly relaxed. "Alright, if that's what you say." He said. He let out a sigh as he rested against the wall. Looking towards the lighter. Aria smiled at him and made herself comfortable on the bed. She was still anxious about tomorrow, but when she remembered Polpo's Stand mentioning that the two paths involved being a part of the chosen or death, she had some confidence that they'll be able to make it out okay. If she gets accepted into the Famiglia, she'll be one step closer to finding her father.

Aria looked at her bag, resting against the frame of the bed and then back to Giorno. Something was still bothering her. She didn't know how Giorno knew her name before she introduced herself, and she didn't understand why those vibrant seafoam green eyes looked so familiar to her. Should she ask? Had she and Giorno met before? Or was it all just some big coincidence? Maybe she was overthinking things... "There's something you want to ask me?" Giorno suddenly asked, breaking her out of her thoughts. Aria looked up at Giorno in surprise. She raised her hands to sign but Giorno beat her to it. "Whenever your brows furrow and place a finger to your chin, it means your deciding whether or not you want to ask something." Giorno said, smiling.

Aria's eyes slightly widen. She hadn't realised she was in her habit until he said it. But...wait a minute, how could he have known that? The girl nervously looked at Giorno and took in a deep breath. "I'm not sure if it's any of my business...but it's been bothering me for some time. How did you know my name? You seem to know a bit about me and I was wondering...have we met before?" She asked. Now it was Giorno's turn to be surprised. Crap... He didn't know he had blurted out her name back on the funicular. Ugh, idiot! He should've kept his mouth shut and he should've known better than to expect Aria to forget that little detail. But... it was too late to try and work around it. Especially after tonight.

Giorno sighed and turned to face her. "You may not believe me." He said. Aria tilted her head and smiled softly. "I think I'll believe anything at this point. But...please be honest with me?" Aria asked. She was taken aback when Giorno reached out to hold her hands and leaned in close. The way he looked at her...was so warm and filled with affection. "I will always be honest with you." He said. Aria's face turned pink as Giorno leaned back against the wall. He never thought he'd be revealing himself so soon. He had hoped that once he took control of the city, he would find her again and tell her everything. But things took a different turn. And besides, she was right here, in front of him. He has to, at least, tell her part of the truth about himself.