Chapter 15: Six Bullets Appears, Part 2

Even with the fish pulling them to shore, it still took the two some time to get to the island, but they managed. They hide beside the rocky shores of the dock so they wouldn't be spotted. The fish swam around in the water for a moment before leaping up and reverting into a buoy. Giorno looks out into the docks of Marina Grande while Mista goes through his gun. "Swimming over here from the boat took a bit longer than I expected. We only have twenty minutes before the meeting before with our man of mystery. Let's hurry. We need to finish the job quickly." Giorno said.

"Giorno, how's it looking from the marina?" Mista asked.

Giorno pulled out a pair of binoculars and looked towards the marina where a few boats, a few umbrellas and a lot of people walking to and fro on the marina, having a nice lunch on sight. "Not that great. Abbacchio wasn't kidding, there are tourists everywhere. They all seem to be waiting for someone. Of course, most of them are waiting for arriving ships, but still. Signore, we only have twenty minutes to weed this guy out, do you have a plan on how we're gonna do that or do we improvise?" Giorno asked. He turned around, but only to see that Mista was gone. Perplexed, he looked around, wondering where the gunslinger of the team had gone, only to find Mista a few feet away sitting on a rock, using a second rock like a table. Mista had spread a small tablecloth on the rock and had set up a nice, but simple lunch with utensils and wine included.

"Wha...what the hell are you doing?" Giorno said, very confused as to how Mista got all this stuff with his and why the hell is he wasting valuable time with something like this.

Mista opened his mouth to answer but stopped as he checked the time on his watch. "I take it you haven't noticed, it's way past lunchtime. What I really like to do is go to that restaurant there, but everyone knows the restaurants right on the water service that shitty touristy crap. I don't have any idea what the enemy looks like, but I'm guessing he wouldn't be able to say the same for me since I'm a member of Bucciarati's team. Bet he's seen your face by now too." Mista said.

Giorno sighed. While that may be true, that still doesn't explain why Mista was just sitting here. "Sorry, but I'm not following your train of thought. If I can speak my mind for a sec, I know I said we had twenty minutes left, but if he's a worrywart we might only have ten minutes to get him. Five, if he gets antsy. He may get suspicious if the Lagoon fails to arrive and catch on to the fact that something shady happened to Zucchero. If that happens, our man will go off the grid. We can't waste another minute sitting around-."

"What part of 'lunch break' don't you get? It's lunchtime now, so I'm eating lunch." Mista said, cutting him off as he sliced pieces of salami. "Go to any boutique or bookstores in this country and you'll find out. No one can work on an empty stomach. I mean, I'm obviously not like that but these little fellas take the custom pretty seriously." Mista reached for his pistol and flicked open the barrel. Pointing down to the bullets within it. Giorno was briefly confused but then he got his answer.

Six small pale yellow creatures, about the same size as a bullet, crawled out of the barrel of Mista's gun. They were numbered from 1 to 7, skipping the number 4. They have teardrop-shaped heads, wide eyes with black outlines and small stripes going outward from the centre, and extremely small pupils, some of which appear cross-eyed. They have segmented bodies with pointed shoulder pads, knee pads, elbow pads and long, pointed shoes with toe caps that curve upward. The tiny imp creatures all shouted out, opening their mouths to reveal their crooked teeth as Mista held up a few pieces of meat over them. "Settle down, now. You'll all get your num-nums. Salami Toscano is served." Mista says as he gave the little guys the meat and immediately began devouring the slices.

"Yummy!" No.1 says happily.

"The best!" No.2 shouted. He has the typical number on his forehead, much like the others, but he was also identifiable by having eyes with a black bar running between them, giving the appearance of goggles.