17- I know

Why is he so important?
__________

The soft wines of a nearby animal woke you from your slumber as you slowly lifted your head from the desk you had fallen asleep over. One of the stray pages you had ripped from your 'Dream Journal' stuck to your face as you came to realize you had drooled all over your work.Groaning, you peeled the paper from your face and wiped your mouth with the back of your hand before cleaning up your work.

Colored pencil wined from the stair landing as he impatiently waited for you to make his breakfast. "Alright Cp I'm coming. Let's get some breakfast."

You worked quickly to set the fires in the furnaces and fireplace, before making yours, Ranboo's, and Colored Pencil's breakfast. After you were finished with the things you needed to do inside you gathered your armor and strapped it to your body before heading outside. Ranboo's house was still dark with the notice of sleep as you and Colored Pencil shook yourselves of snow in the doorway. 'Maybe a warm breakfast will get him going' you thought for a moment before recognizing the familiar sound of an incoming call from upstairs.

You ascended the stairs, Cp at your side. As you reached the landing you realized Ranboo's house wasn't as dark as it had seemed at first. Morning light streamed in through the large windows lining the walls as both Enderchest and Enderpearl bathed in the warmth of the sun. The two cats lazily got up and stretched as they saw you approaching Ranboo's bedside. They ran their nimble torsos across your legs, naturally attracted to the warmth of your skin, as you picked up Ranboo's arm.

The ping of the call was loud as you clicked the green button to answer the call. Tubbo's all too familiar contact photo greeted you as you turned down the volume of the call. The small round photo of Tubbo a bit too close to the camera in his ram state lit up as he began to speak. "Ranboo finally, geez I thought you had died or something dude. Is y/n with you?"

"Actually it's just me right now, Ranboo's still asleep. I was bringing in his breakfast as you called." You replied, setting the small bowl of beetroot soup down on his bedside table before taking a seat on his bed.

"Oh, so you just grabbed his arm and answered the call?" Tubbo huffed a laugh as you heard Micheal say something on the other end of the call about not eating pork.

"Are you trying to feed Micheal pig meat?" You spoke as you pulled Ranboo's arm nearer to listen to Micheal's voice. Ranboo grunted in protest as his sleeping body tried to pry his arm from your grasp to no avail.

"Yeah, well he's not exactly a pig so I thought it'd be fine, but he doesn't seem to like it." Tubbo spoke, obviously frustrated with the communication barrier between he and his kid.

"First of all he is very closely related to pigs, secondly let me speak with him please." Tubbo huffed a sighed before you heard a bit of rustling and 'its y/n, she wants to speak with you' followed by a delighted squeal.

"Elp-hay elp-hay!! He-yay is-yay rying-tay to-yay ake-may e-may eat-yay ork-pay" Micheal squealed as you huffed a laugh

"He-yay ont-way. At-whay ould-way you-yay ike-lay to-yay eat-yay?" You asked as Ranboo's tail wrapped around your wrist, lightly squeezing it as you gripped his arm.

"Eggs-yay ease-play" he spoke to you as Tubbo began to ask what he was saying in the background.

"An-cay i-ay eak-spay to-yay ubbo-tay" Micheal responded to you with a small snort before the call went silent, then shortly after more shuffling.