three

It had been hours since the other male had left and she cursed herself for not even asking his name. Then again it wasn’t like they had a chance to make introductions, it was one damn thing after another and it put her on edge.

The screaming had mostly died down and she knew from experience that’s when shit really hit the fan, so as she sat at the low dining table in the room, her knee bouncing as she chewed on her nail she was hard pressed to not poke her head out and see what was going on.

Yet to do so would put not only her but the young man’s whose apartment she was currently taking shelter in it as well. It was something she couldn’t and wouldn't risk, it however didn’t stop her from letting her aura flow out and poke around.

All around here were auras tainted with that dark festering feeling as well as auras coated with fear and desperation. It put a foul, sour taste in her mouth, it almost physically hurt her to just sit here and feel auras get snuffed out one by one but she would not leave this wounded soul to fend for himself. 

Sighing through her nose she turned to gaze at the still slumbering young man. From what she was able to gather, without down right snooping, his name was Hyun-Su, a fact she learned from the gaming magazine sitting on his table. She had flipped though it hoping that it would distract her from the chaos going on around her.

Of course it didn’t, not fully, she had given up on her leisurely flipping through the magazine only five minutes after she had begun. She had then busied herself with walking around his small apartment, it really was no bigger than the standard studio apartments of her homeland. Small compact and pretty much one large room with a bathroom and a galley kitchen attached to it.

He had no photos of family or friends hung up, the only things gracing the wall was a promo for some game as well as a small 7-11 raffle poster for some anime that was semi popular. Then there was his TV, which she had turned on at a very low volume, on it was the local news channel. It showed the same reuruns of fires and what appeared to be fucking monsters running amuck. To the left of it was a rather expensive looking gaming computer setup. 

The menu of some MMO game up, the chat box dinging every so often. It seemed that whatever was happening was not just a local event but city wide if not farther. Frowning she stood, her sock clad feet padding lightly as she moved to the window, cracking it open she was greeted with plumes of smoke as well as the large lumbering figures of what the media was oh so intelligently calling monsters.

No shit, what else would they call them?

Demons?

Pft, the world no longer considered demons a thing, they were just stories told to small children to keep them in line. 

Nothing more than boogeyman.

It put a bitter taste in her mouth, she knew differently, had the scars to prove otherwise yet she could never give voice to the memories. Not without ending up in a loony bin, hence why she moved to Korea, to leave it all behind. It was a bit ironic that now after only a few months of the start of her new life the world was going to hell.

The god’s really had it out for her, here she was hundreds of miles away from home during what she could rightly assume was the end of the modern world and she had no way of getting to or even making sure her immediate family was safe.

She prayed they were, they had seen her travel between time, fighting things that shouldn't exist for years so she had to hold onto the fragile hope that they saw the warning signs and were taking the proper precautions.

She had tried using her phone to get in contact with her uncle again only to have the same high pitched ringing blair at her. She had angrily hung up and thrown the useless piece of plastic and metal computer chips onto the table. She had never liked phones and had only gotten one in order to stay in touch with her family and now that it couldn't even do that she was hard pressed to care about it.