Chapter Thirteen

Ringing, high-pitched ringing echoed in her ears as she laid on what she could only assume was the cold hard ground. She kept her eyes squeezed shut as she laid there, she felt like someone had used her body to cut down a tree and yes, she knew what it felt like to be thrown through a tree from her past adventures.

It hurt like a son of a bitch.

"Fuuuuuccckkkkk." It was a low groaned out whimper of pain that fell from her chapped lips. Her head throbbed like she had a hangover from yokai sake and honestly, at this point, she wished it was from yokai sake because at least then she'd still have a bit of a buzz.

"Ah, I see you're awake...would you like some water?" Wincing, she cracked her eyes open at the male voice and wasn't all that surprised to see Lee Eun-Hyeok sitting on a chair nearby, his cool gaze on her person.

Forcing herself to sit up, her body throbbing at the motion, she bit back her wince as she settled into a criss-cross sitting position. Turning her head to take stock of where she was, she was a bit surprised to see a few gaming arcade cabinets as well as a stack of chairs. It would seem that while run down the owners of the apartment building were able to afford a small arcade. If she had the energy to laugh she would have, instead of pondering it any longer she quickly took notice of a passed-out Hyun-Su.

He was laying on his back, dried blood caked on his face and down his neck. She quickly moved to his side, her fingers shakily reaching out to brush some of his hair out of his face. He didn't stir a single inch which made her heart lurch.

"He's fine. Just exhausted, much like you were. It's been about six hours since you both passed out." Eun-Hyeok paused to let his words sink in. Watching her face for any reactions to his words. "I mean for him to survive such a fall and for you to use your powers again...I assume it's draining..."

Kagome resisted the urge to narrow her eyes at him, to anyone else he would seem concerned about their welfare but she knew he was fishing for information, looking for a reaction that would clue him into what he assumed was some big conspiracy.

To bad for him she was very well versed in the art of lingual warfare.

"Ah, I'll take that water now if you don't mind..." She winced as her voice cracked a bit, she really was parched and honestly, she was starving. She could probably eat a cow at this point, not only would it fuel her body but it would also help her regenerate her powers. She had learned that once her powers got to a certain point they would pull from her body what they needed to keep themselves going.

In short, the more she pushed and used her powers the more they drained her body of not only energy but calories. Calories she desperately needed to replenish and soon if she wanted a fighting chance at recovering even a few wisps of her powers anytime soon.

Eun-Hyeok gave a tight-lipped smile as he stood and grabbed a nearby water bottle leaning down a bit to hold it out to her. "Want anything else?" He was fishing, trying to find a way to get her to rely on him.

Kagome cracked open the water bottle and took a large swig from it, the burning in her throat dulling as she emptied the contents in three large gulps. Taking a deep breath of air she set the empty bottle down in her lap, her gaze returning to a still sleeping Hyun-Su. How she longed to run her powers over him, to make sure he was fully okay and if he wasn't to fix what she could but she was tapped out. She had nothing left, zero, nada.

Turning her gaze back to the four-eyed male she gave a small smile, her fingers absent-mindedly reaching out to stroke Hyun-Su's pale hand. "Thanks...so is there a reason it's just us in here? Where are the others?"

Eun-Hyeok didn't miss the intimate contact and instead filed it away for more pondering later. Instead, he gave a low sigh, "The others are scared. And for good reason...your friend not only survived a fall that should have killed him but he also attacked you and was ready to attack the rest of us..."