Chapter Ten

Kagome slowly opened her eyes, her whole body ached down to her hair. She could feel her powers pulsing almost like they were saying the same thing. She overdid it yesterday, and was paying the price at the moment for doing so. As she moved her body slowly she noticed where she was, as the blanket on her slipped down over her shoulder. A blush dusted her cheeks as she felt arms tighten around her causing her to freeze.

'This is not how I expected to wake up' Kagome thought as she stayed still in Hyun-Su's arms. He was still asleep from what she could tell, but he had felt her shift and unconsciously tried to keep her to him.

She slowly let herself move a bit so she could survey the room, and she could see the occupants of the room whispering to one another. She narrowed her eyes as she saw them looking over at her then whispering again. She had a feeling they didn't like what they saw yesterday with Hyun-Su. That is the only reason she could think they would be sending such warry looks over in their direction.

She could understand not knowing how to react to something different, but she hoped they wouldn't do anything drastic because of it.

"You're awake." A voice whispered, causing Kagome to look over and give a small wave in greeting not wanting to say much so Hyun-Su could sleep more. He deserved it.

"My name is Jung Jae-Heon. The children are asleep right now." He probably figured Kagome would want to know that.

She gave a smile in thanks, as he adjusted the sword in his hands, drawing her attention to it. Kagome didn't say anything, but had a feeling he was uncomfortable.

"The kids said you are Kagome?" He asked, he was definitely trying to get her to talk. She figured he would take the hint. People were asleep and they should let them sleep and not try to wake them so they could make conversation.

"You are Japanese?" He inquired, as his eyes went over to the shifting form of the girl sleeping in the corner of the room.

She sighed, "That is correct." She said softly. The first words she said and she could feel the arms around her tighten and a soft groan leave the boy she was leaning against, she saw his eyes flutter open and saw they were back to normal, and not blacked over anymore. This was why she wanted to stay silent. She had hoped he would get more sleep.

"You okay?" Kagome asked Hyun-Su as he looked Kagome in the eyes, and saw the position they were in. He took a deep breath in as a small blush came to his face as he let his arms fall from being around her waist.

Kagome gave a small smile as she moved so she was sitting next to him, not moving too far away from him, in case he needed her.

Hyun-Su gave a small nod, "I think so..." he was trying to figure out how he got in the position with Kagome in his arms. He didn't recall falling asleep or arriving in this room.

Kagome pushed some of his bangs out of his face, a frown on her face, "Do you remember anything from yesterday?" Her eyes glanced over to see everyone was awake and paying attention to the two now. She had a feeling Jea-Heon woke them up.

Hyun-Su shook his head, a worried frown on his face as he tried to recall yesterday's events in his head, "I..." He licked his lips, worry flashing across his face, "...I remember getting slammed into a wall...then nothing."

Kagome gave a frown but nodded. She wondered if going into the 'monster' mode was like when Inuyasha let his demon side take over. That was something she would have to think about later. She didn't have enough time to think of that right now.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it right now..." Kagome told him with a small smile. He didn't need to worry about it at the moment now that everyone was awake and they had to figure out what they were going to do for the day. They needed a plan on what they were going to do and if they had an idea on where to go. There probably were more monsters around and they had to be careful