Chapter Eleven

Chaos, pure unadulterated chaos.

Everyone was screaming and yelling...and the metal gate was up?

Blinking Kagome tried her best to figure out what in the hell they had just walked into. Yet before her mind could piece it all together her gaze landed on the limping teenage girl hastily making her way towards the opened gate, her frantic screams of 'mom' making her blood freeze.

Her body moved faster than her mind could fathom.

Her feet were pounding on the pavement, her aura flaring around her. Hissing under her breath when she felt nothing but the sick dark auras of the various monsters around them. She vaguely heard someone shout her name from behind her, yet she ignored it instead of focusing on the rush of blood in her ears.

In no time she was next to the teenage girl, her fingers curling in her torn and bloodied shirt. She gave it a firm yank, throwing her arm over her shoulders so she could help her move faster. Her aura screamed at her and her body jerked as she flared a barrier to life around them, seconds later something crashed into it. The barrier sparked as the scent of burned flesh surrounded them as the attacking monster let out a low pained whine.

Refusing to spare even a second to look at what had attacked them she urged the sobbing girl to move faster. Finally, they were within the opening of the gate and she could breathe a small sigh of relief, yet as everyone just stood there she could only glare at all of them. "Shut the gate!" Her loud shrill shout made them jump into action, the soldier boy moved to swoop the teen into his arms allowing Kagome to stop having to hold her up.

Her body sagged to the ground, sitting on her hands and knees as the gate was lowered behind her. Her barrier finally lowered, her aura shuddered as it snapped back into her. Her whole body was tired, and sore.

She really was getting too old for this shit.

Yet as she watched the teen embrace what could only be her mother her heart throbbed. They were crying and sobbing as they embraced yet it was easy to tell they were tears of joy, the fear that they had almost lost each other urging them to hold each other tighter and longer.

This...this made it worth it.

She could feel everyone's gaze on her, boring into her. It made her twitchy as she sat there, her body throbbing as her tired and overworked muscles throbbed in absolute agony. This was not the first impression she had wanted to make but like always nothing ever went according to plan when it came to her. Forcing a small, what she hoped was a friendly smile, she gave a small wave as she sat on the ground panting.

She wanted to laugh at the open mouth gaping that met her, instead she kept her smile in place, her shoulders slumping as her body yelled at her for overtaxing it, yet again.

Lee Eun-Yu could only gape, her mouth hanging open as she took in the semi-familiar form of the crazy girl who had been with the yakuza thug. Part of her was glad to see she was still alive while another part of her was wary of her.

Swallowing thickly she decided to say something, the thick atmosphere around them making her skin crawl. "So you're still alive magical girl?"

Kagome resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the female voice, turning her gaze to the injured ballerina girl. She was glad she was okay and quickly looked around hoping to spot Sang-Wook. Her mood faltered as she didn't catch hide nor hair of him.

As if reading her mind Eun-Yu gave a small yet curt laugh. "Your boyfriend left as soon as he got me down here. Probably went back to look for you." She took joy in the small blush that dusted the older woman's face.