》?《 Saved By Dumb Luck 》?《

"Consider this an early gift."

Ren stared at the pristine jewel in the box, "I'm fighting to die, Miko. Why are you giving me this?"

A cunning smile curled onto the Guuji's lips, "Y/n likes you. I'd hate to see you die during this."

"And murdering is okay in your book?"

"Oh no, no one's dying," Yae pointed at the faint pink glow in Ren's armor, "I know you nearly broke your vision the other day, so consider it- a back-up."

"I can't wield a broken vision and one of these special visions at the same time," He held the box back out to Yae, "I politely refuse your gift."

"You don't," Yae laughed, pushing the box back into Ren's hands.

"But I best be off," Yae smiled coyly, turning on her heal before the guard could respond, "Take good care of that vision for me!"

"Guuji Yae-!" The attempt was met with Yae turns just to stuck her tongue out, before laughing and continuing her path back to the Narukami Shrine.

Ren held the box in his hands for some time, before sighing and opening it.

The pinkish color reflected against the dark purples of his uniform, lightening the color; albeit temporarily.

Despite his protests earlier, he couldn't help be filled with thoughts of greed.

To simply take it after what he said- the protests of not wanting it.

"I'll keep it just in case," He had said at the time, and simply pocketed it.

At the time, he didn't think he would need to use it.

....

His spear was knocked out of his burning hands, and Matsuo swept his spear under his legs to knock him down.

"Give up, Ren! You can't win this!" Matsuo had said at the time, standing over Ren with his spear still tightly clutched. He was so close, Ren had been able to see the burn marks from Matsuo's vision on his fingers.

"I know," The voice of Ren seemed to catch the standing man off guard, "So just kill me."

"Oh hell no," Matsuo's attitude suddenly changed, and he forced the spear into the slit in-between Ren's uniform.

Metal hit a substance like glass, and Matsuo smiled, raising his spear high above his head, "I'm shattering your fucking vision before I even touch you!"

"No-!"

Ren glanced out of the corner of his eye to see Y/n try to run into the fight, only for their mother to grab them.

'....No.'

The moment Matsuo's spear pierced through Ren's vision, a cloud of dust began to surround them.

He pushed himself up, grabbing his spear off the ground while Matsuo was stunned by the smoke.

'I'm not dying here.'

Matsuo didn't fall, but his eyes got clouded in a way Ren knew.

Matsuo never did well in dusty situations because his eyes would cloud up, and he'd be blind until the dust faded.

'Not like this.'

After taking off his broken vision and throwing it onto the ground to worsen the dust around him, Ren reached into his pocket, pulling out the vision he had sworn to only use 'just in case.