》☆《 Birthday Wishes 》☆《

Another day, another simple task.

Over the years, Y/n had been given things the Shogun had deemed 'unworthy' to handle herself; from missing people to simple missing animals.

Y/n, of course, did their best to fulfill these tasks, hoping that their mother would even glance their way.

But it never happened.

The only time she even dared to interact was during meetings.

Although the public didn't fully know of Y/n's existence, they knew that someone was close by the Shogun's side.

Like a cat on their master's grave.

Their mother never came to their living quarters; in fact, other than simple announcements, she didn't do anything.

From what they overheard from the maids and guards, the Shogun had been keeping more to herself as of recent days.

It made Y/n almost feel like dead weight.

They continued fulfilling the random documents their mother sent them, hoping- begging for a sign that they were loved.

But it never came.

The only thing that ever came was the soft voices in their dreams of a different time, where their mother loved them like a normal child.

Not just some other government official to throw useless papers at.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I'm so sorry, Little Shogun, but your mother isn't here," The guard in front of the Tenshukaku gave a small bow to the child in front of him.

"Do you know where she went?" Y/n asked, and it wasn't like the guard could say no to those e/c eyes of theirs.

The guard glanced around to see if the other guard's were watching, before he leaned down on one knee.

"I....heard your mother went over to Kannazuka Island to send a direct message to the troops," Y/n watched the guard stumble slightly, as if he were weak, "....I do not know all the details...but......I..."

He sighed, stumbling back, "I cannot say anything else on this matter. Just- please be careful.."

"I always am?" Y/n looked at the man worried, "Are you...okay-?"

"I'm fine!" He quickly shook his hand, trying to send them off, "Please hurry along now. People might suspect something if you're seen around here."

Y/n just gave a nod and ran off.

--------------------------------------------------------

After the sun had set, and the sky was already purple, Y/n had only then been heading out.

They snuck out of the window and scooted around around area, keeping out of sight of everything and everyone.

The trees and animals around seemed to get the motto, as the trees would cover Y/n's form from human view, and the foxes that usually howled all night were as quiet as mice.

They crept down the path, and by the time anyone had heard anything from the minor sounds of bugs, they were gone.

"Oh little Shogun," Another one of the many ladies of the Mansion slowly opened the door, "I heard a noise, is everything..."

"Someone get a soldier. Right. Now."

-------------------------------------------------------

The feeling of the Balethunder sent the hairs of their arms to continuously zap.

How far had they ran?
It had been a while since they passed by the military camp, and the water on their clothes hurt their already sensitive skin.

Why did they think it was smart to fly to Kannazuka? They ended up landing in the ocean and had to swim to land.

It was a miracle they weren't caught by the soldiers of the Kujou Encampment, even though they saw the soldiers going at the scarecrows.

After their narrow escape from the soldiers, they'd landed in the electric areas of Tatarasuna.

Y/n sat in front of the abandoned- but still lit- fire, letting the flames lick the water off their hands.

They pulled back once the wind caused the flames to rise. They had to be careful out here.

If their mother wouldn't pay attention to them, that was fine.

But Y/n wasn't going to sit idle like a duck.

----------------------------------------------------------

As soon as the sun rose again, they were off. They'd been able to steal some lavender melons from some sleeping hilichurls. By this point, the electro symbols on their pants had been faded by the sand and water.

Shadows of trees and mountains passed over their head, with the soft yellow sand crunching under their feet.

With one more step, they were forced to stop. The storm clouds above them meant something. But what was-

They narrowly dodged an arrow, and quickly ducked behind a broken ship buried in the sand.

The red-pink and purple uniforms of the conflicting sides stuck out of the sand.

The soldier that shot the arrow at Y/n was still looking around, presumably for his original target.

As long as they kept quiet, they'd be safe, right?

...

Right?

--------------------------------------------------------

"Ren! Lady's calling us to battle! Get your vision and get out there!"

Ren sighed, lightly tapping the returning pigeon. The message was untouched.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," He stood up, leaving a little bit of bread for the pigeon.

He snatched his weapon from the small crate, hurrying out of the tent.

'Happy Birthday, Y/n- wherever you are right now.'

---------------------------------------------------------

★•♡

Author's Note;

Hey hey! It's me again.
Sorry for the drop again; I keep playing genshin but I never have the attention span for writing.
Enjoy the hints! Hope to see you again soon!

♡•★