『 New Travel Buddies 』

It felt like days before the barrel they were in was opened. Y/n glanced up to meet the eyes of the Calvary Captain.

"Well there you are!" He reached in and yanked them out of the barrel, "Jean's been on our asses looking for you. How'd you get in there?"

Y/n gave a shrug, and went placed on their feet. One look around gave the confirmation that the storm had ended. They looked back at Kaeya, "What happened?"

"Oh, you went hiding when the storm started?" A nod was given, "Well, a lot, actually. The storms will no longer come around, because Stormterror is a good guy now."

"Who's-?"

"It doesn't matter anymore," Kaeya ruffled the kid's hair, before quickly pulling back, "Ow- got zapped-"

"But anyways," He started to walk away, "Everything's okay now, and the Traveller is hailed as a hero in this nation."

"The...traveller..?" Y/n repeated slowly.

Kaeya laughed, "You really did miss a lot kid. The Traveller is a really strong person. Slayed a whole dragon and scaled a big tower to solve a mystery. They can also wield elemental power without a vision."

"I can do that too?" Y/n blinked, "So can my mom."

"Yes, but you're not the blonde sister the Traveller is looking for," Kaeya stretched his arms out of boredom, "The Traveller should also be in Jean's office. We need to go there anyways to get Jean off our backs."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kaeya opened the door to the room, walking in first and blocking Y/n's view.

"Jean, I found the kid," He yawned, "You can stop the search."

The further he stepped, the more they could see the mysterious traveller.

The traveller was taller than they were- but the fairy was flying, so they couldn't tell how tall they were either.

The 'traveller' was dressed in masculine clothes- with a blonde braid and a white scarf being visible at most. The clothing the person wore were exotic to Y/n, but Y/n had seen weirder in their adventures. However, a crop top, sharp edged gloves, and baggy pants weren't exactly in style.

Their much smaller, floating companion was no different with attire, with a white baggy outfit that was trimmed with sharp golden edges. A small, somewhat broken halo floated above their head.

Jean stood up, "Y/n- goodness, you gave us quite the stare."

"Eh? Who's-" The floating companion turned around in the air, "Oh! Paimon's never seen you before..."

"That's because I've never met you," Y/n put a hand to their chest, "My name is Y/n. I'm...guessing you're Paimon."

The traveller spoke up, "If introductions are to be made, you can call me Aether."

"You're not from this world, are you?"

"Please ignore them," Kaeya patted Y/n's head, "I'm sure you have questions, so why don't you take Y/n around with you in Mondstadt? Who knows, maybe they can show you some stuff."

"Paimon doesn't think this is a good idea," Paimon spoke up, "Paimon thinks-"

"We'll take them around," Aether cut in, much to the dismay of Paimon.

------------------------------------------------------------

"So you're not from this world after all," Y/n spun the small stick they'd picked up around.

"Not at all," Aether answered, "I...do not remember where I hail from, exactly."

The duo- and Paimon- were sat near the Statue of the Seven, under the massive tree it was placed by.

The statue reminded Y/n too much of home- of the dangers and joys they'd left behind for a false sense of freedom. Why did they ever think they'd escape her?

They were forced out of those thoughts by the sound of drawing in the dirt, to see Paimon had picked up a stick as well.

"Er- where are you going next?" Y/n directed at Aether.

"There's a festival of sorts happening in Liyue," Aether responded, "and since the Archon in this nation didn't give us many questions, I'm going to ask the one in that one."

"So, you're just going through each nation for answers? Of what?"

Aether leaned on his hand, "My sister. We got separated when we first entered this realm."

"Let me come with you."

Paimon nearly dropped the stick she was holding, "But Mondstadt is your home! We can't-"

"Mondstadt is far from my home," Y/n cut off the pixie, "I- I ran away because I wanted to be free, but I have to go back home."

"Why travel with us?" Aether asked, folding his legs.

"You want to travel to all the nations for answers about your sister," Y/n brought up, "I'm from Inazuma. I can help you get to the archon of that nation."

"....I'm trusting you to keep your promise," Aether sighed.

"Yay! Paimon gets a new friend to share food with!" Paimon smiled, "Consider Paimon your new guide!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

♡◇

Sorry for the late update.
My brain has been working on everything except these genshin stories, but the new update gave me more inspiration for something based on Khaenri'ah.

So who knows? Maybe I'll publish that one day.

Or the other Fandom stories I have in mind.

Stay safe, stay hydrate!
See ya in a month /j