𝗦𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲// 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

Sunday October 3rd 2021
_______________________
3rd person POV

Fundy was still fast asleep, leaning against Dream who was still reading that book of his.

Sam never really understood why Dream always had his nose in a book, especially that one.

But he never asked, he couldn't care less about what that so called monster did.

He wanted him to feel hurt, just like how everybody else had.

But deep down, Dream knew Sam cared for him.

That's why he wasn't dead yet.

That's why he was still breathing in his fragile air.

Sam still cared.

Because Dream and Sam, and a few others knew something the rest didn't.

Down in history.

The books of old.

That's what nobody really ever read.

As Dream was reading, little snorts filled the cell as Fundy started to wake up.

"Mm..what time is it..?" Fundy yawned and Dream looked at him, his mask being a barricade for between his face and the world.

"Um..about 8:37PM I assume." Dream told him and Fundy nodded. "Mk..wait-" He looked and realized, as he scooted away quickly.

"O-oh- well that, was odd uh- well thanks for telling me I guess." Fundy thanked, atleast using his manners, something Dream never really got.

Dream just nodded awkwardly. "Mhm, riight- haha." He chuckled nervously and looked away, then proceeded to read his book again.

Fundy stayed curled up in another corner, but not as far as he'd been from Dream when he first came in the cell. 

He was growing on him, he knew he was, but he didn't wanna let it happen again.

Not again like last time.

Fundy put his head against the hard obsidian wall and sighed thinking.

"What would've happened if he had been..sincere, with Tommy?.."

If Dream hadn't been manipulative, if Dream had been..

honest.

It seemed too weird, thinking about what Dream had already done and on top of that adding honest..

It was a strange thing to do, and nonetheless rare.

Dream had some thoughts of his own too.

He stared at Fundy not caring if he seemed strange.

I mean he already did.

He thought long and hard.

"...Can I even let go of him?"