Prologue

Hello everyone! If you're a new reader then I want you to know that this is the second book in mafia series. This is a sequel to the book- 'His Purchased Wife'. I strongly recommend you to read the first book. If you start reading this book without reading the first, you won't understand anything. So hurry up and read 'His Purchased Wife'. I swear it won't disappoint you.

And if you are my old dear then what's up munchkins? Missed me? As I said 1st November,

Here you go....

"Why did you lie to me?" She whispered looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"Lie? I'm not lying, love. I love you, I truly do." I said and walked towards her but she backed away until her back hit the wall. Her soft sniffs turned into quite sobs. I took her hand in mine.

"You lied to me." She kept on repeating. Her body shook as she cried.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"You promised me you would protect me, why didn't you?" She looked at me.

I stood there watching her. Her pained expression made me wanting to hold her. She's right. I promised to protect her but I didn't. I failed her.

"You left me. You left me Pearl when I needed you the most. You let me get punished for something I never did. " She yelled looking at me with anger.

I shockingly stared at her but the look in her eyes made me take a step back. She simply stared at me. No sight of emotion or pain but a blank expression.

And then she walked away.

"Bella, love please. Don't go. I love you, Bella." I pleaded falling on my knees but she kept walking.

"Pearl!"

"Bella, please stop."

"Pearl! Wake up it's just a dream."

My eyes shot open and I looked around frantically with my heart thumping faster. I looked at Damon who had worried expression on his face but I ignored him like usual. I sighed and slumped back on the couch closing my eyes.

It's the 13th time.

I keep having these same dreams but the only difference is that we were in different clothes and place other than that she leave me every fucking time and I couldn't do anything to stop her.

"Here, drink this." I heard his deep grunt but still kept my eyes close.

When I didn't said something he left closing the door behind him. Few minutes later, I heard the door opened and someone walked in.

"Mr Salvatore." I opened my as I saw my lawyer standing infront of me with pity in his eyes. On his side Damon was there watching me.

"What is it?" I asked my voice low.

"It's time." He said and I looked at him then at Damon.

"The judge has the verdict." Damon said and I nodded before getting up.

I looked around the office room where I have been for an hour.

"Let's finish this." I said and began to walk but Damon stopped me.

"We still have time, Pearl. Just say the word and we can fix this." He said but I chuckled shaking my head.

"Yes, Mr Salvatore. If you agree, I can propose a strategy in the court. You have resources we can turn this case down." My lawyer Mr Miller said.