Chapter 25

Zorion Point of View

"Did you know..." I laughed out loudly causing me to go breathless for the nth time in the past one hour.

"Did you know, she said she is not jealous." I guffawed, just like how I've been doing from the past one damn hour.

This is so funny!

Meow, she is not jealous of seeing me with another woman. Hilarious, I say. Hilarious.

"She was not jealous." I clapped with a loud laugh that continued to ring in the air with an echo.

My pacing around the room continued as I kept finding my amusing in the matter. My legs were as if on fire of nerves that kept me on my foot. I was too anxious to put my butt on a seat.

Three pairs of eyes stared at me with similar gaze of worry and mirth in them. I gave them a short glance in between my pacing and continued to laugh again, shaking my head with humorless amusement again.

"What are you so amused at?" Anete was the one who broke the ice of silence first. Apart from my constant laughing and ranting, she was the first to speak in the past one hour.

"Are you still asking me, sister dear? Of course Meow set me on another comedic adventure but this time with her mere words." A chuckle broke out of my mouth between breathes.

"Are you still up on it? You are seriously jealous that she was not jealous?" King commented rather than asking.

It was more of a statement of fact that need to confirmation.

Tapping my restless feet, I jumped on the chair beside them and took a seat. Leaning back, I rubbed my face roughly with my rough hand that got rough during rough times I had to go through the past few days, all thanks to the rough behavior of Meow's towards me.

It was tough!

"Why do you think she is not jealous? I mean, she ought to be. Every woman is a jealous mess and that's a universal fact." Before I even complete it, two pairs of womanly eyes glared at me at the fullest they can.

While I can provide them with return back services with one of my own, Ilaria doesn't take well of my glaring back because she is the eldest one.

By minutes only, but still she loved that power over us.

"Women are jealous of worthy, brother dear." And I got my answer. I was clever enough to shut my mouth after seeing how riled up the Allard tigresses are by my universal fact.

Truth is truth. Women are indeed the most envious creatures on this planet. No matter what color eyes they possess, they always have a sea of green behind them.

But then again, why is there no green in Meow's eyes?

I thought – no, I know for a reason, she loves me and dearly at that. I can clearly see it in her eyes. I might have ignored it before but I did see.

She practically named every breath of hers with my name. She loves me to that extent.

Then why?

"You love her, don't you?" Yet again, Ilaria wasn't asking, it was more of a declaration with a question mark at the end.

"No I don't."

"Sure?"

"Do you see me as a man to dabble in nonsense?"

I was answered with a non hesitant 'yes' from the three. They do think of me otherwise I see.

"I just miss the noise pollution that she created for a few months." Even I know I did not meant what I said.