𝐱𝐱𝐢. carry on without you

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐒𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑫 𝑶𝑭 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 ▎
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE  ─── carry on without you

           WHEN THE FOUR successfully landed in the wastelands of Svartalfheim, Loki continued to drive the Asgardian Skiff as they explored the remains from the first battle between the Dark Elves and Asgard

WHEN THE FOUR successfully landed in the wastelands of Svartalfheim, Loki continued to drive the Asgardian Skiff as they explored the remains from the first battle between the Dark Elves and Asgard.  As they moved through the wreckage of various Arks, Thor cared for Jane Foster as she recovered from the Aether's power overloading her body.

He placed a cover over her while the twins watched, Loki holding his hand on the tiller as he sat on the bench beside it while Syn sat across of him, arms crossed over her chest. ''What I could do with the power that flows through those veins.'' Loki began, shaking his head which caused Thor to turn back to his brother for a moment.

''It would consume you.'' Thor commented as he sat down beside Jane. He had seen what the Aether could do to a person and he wouldn't wish anyone else to go through the same, not even his brother.

Syn knew what an Infinity Stone could do to a person as well, mostly to herself. Only she had experienced it differently. The Mind Stone or as most knew it, the stone that magnified Loki's scepter during the battle of New York, was used to manipulate and torture her mind. It made her lose herself and forget about who she truly was as she acted on anger and hatred. It made her want the things she desired most and she wasn't allowed another way.

And of course, the Space Stone wasn't an unknown thing to her as she had let it consume her when she connected to the cube its power. She let the energy of the Tesseract magnify her own magic as it became one. It had given her a new purpose after everything that had happened to her. She had become the Stonekeeper, the protector of the Space Stone and maybe this would be her way to redemption, not for anyone else, but for herself.

However, Syn still needed to figure out how to maintain that energy and control it while using her powers, but with her mother gone. She needed to go do it on her own. Well, maybe not seeing she had a twin brother who had just as much knowledge over magic as she had, and when this was over, she would tell him all about it. Together they could figure out anything.

Syn was slowly pulled back into reality as she heard Loki speak up once more, ''She's holding up alright. For now.''

''She's strong in ways you'd never even know.'' He defended, giving his brother a harsh glare as a warning to not test his patience at the moment, but Loki didn't seem satisfied by the comment, knowing that the mortal would die if Thor would like it or not. ''Say goodbye.'' The mischievous god responded emotionlessly.

Thor shook his head in refusal, ''Not this day.''

Loki scoffed as he began to mock the older prince's love for a human woman and antagonized his brother, ''This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready.'' He pointed out and stood up from his spot on the bench. He leaned against the tiller of the Asgardian Skiff, knowing how this would turn out. If Jane would die, Thor would live on due to the Asgardian lifespan being much, much longer than mortals. ''The only woman whose love you prized will be snatched from you.''