Oct 2021 Update

Hi guys, I hope you are well. I would like to begin by saying, yes I have been well 

Please keep your hopes low, I am sorry.

As you know this story is unfinished, and this had bothered me. You can see from the previous chapters that I had tried again and again to come back to write the story I had planned for this book. 

In my last chapter (which I think was last published on the 3rd of Feb, 2020), I had vowed to start again and write for you all regularly. Three days later, my life had changed - in an unfortunate way. It's been well over a year since that event, and I had been yearning to start writing again. 

I had avoided going on Wattpad the entire time, I felt so guilty about not carrying out the promise I made to you guys. I swore I'd never write on the platform because I didn't deserve to, not with so many people hoping to finish the story I had no intention on finishing. 

I genuinely adore this story, I love the characters I've made and even more than that - I loved reading your comments. I had logged onto here a few days ago, the first time since Feb 2020 and decided to re-read The Hunter's Empire. I giggled along with your comments, I was invested in the characters I adored, and definitely cringed at my juvenile writing and subtle mistakes - although I was ultimately proud at younger Yasmine. 

The hardest part of this, was realising that I did not want to finish the story. This scared me. This was the story that many people were still interested in reading, my readers would be disappointed. Honestly, I'm equally surprised and grateful that there are readers still invested in my books - thank you. The thought of disappointing you makes me so guilty and sad. 

I think, although I adore this story, I realise that I associate it with a very hard time in my life. Which I think is definitely the reason I don't want to finish it. I've tried many times to pick it up from where I left off, but I genuinely don't feel the same excitement to finish this story like I had before. That was really hard to accept, but I have come to understand how important it is to tell you the truth.

Another point is - I would like to start writing again. But I was afraid of some of you would start resenting me for not finishing this book, and starting a new one. It feels like a betrayal. I sound so melodramatic wow, but I'm out here spilling all my concerns and worries - bare with me please lool

Some of my friends have encouraged me to continue - as to make my readers happy and ultimately finish the half written book I'm worried about. Some others have told me many creators don't finish their stories on Wattpad - and not worry too much about the response I get. 

After much deliberation, I have decided to make this post as a official response to address the continuation of this book - Unfortunately, this story will not be continued and will be left as is. It will definitely stay up, it is still a work I am happy to have created - albeit I do find it a bit juvenile lool

I'm sure this is not a surprise to many of you, considering this book has not been updated in a very long time. This was addressed to those who had hoped for the continuation of this story.

I am sorry

I do plan on writing books on this account, regardless of the response I get from this post. Thank you having read this far. 

Thank you to all of you who have read, voted, and commented on my books. Thank you to those who have personally messages me - I admit I haven't responded out of guilt. Thank you to those who had written on my conversations board on my profile. Thank you for your kind, positive comments and compliments. You have made my year better. 

Thank you 

I will be back soon 

Yours truly, 

Yasmine x