Mates

{3}

Lucio's POV

Blow after blow, I took down the sea of rogues in my line of sight. They just kept on coming, it seemed endless. Hot breath escaped from my mouth as I let out a huff, before I killed yet another. 

I glanced at the sky, letting out a low growl when I realised it was almost sunset. I had been fighting these abnormal rogues for hours, for most of the day. I adjusted the grip on both of my silver weapons, feeling the reassuring weight of both swords. 

My sharp eyes landed on the rogues in front of me, they had stopped their attacks to catch their breath. I took advantage of their brief pause to catch my own breath and regain strength. I brought my swords up and scraped my blades together repeatedly. 

Their gazes turned fearful as they watched me sharpen my swords. 

My gaze wondered around the field, taking in the uncountable bodies sprawled everywhere. I had defeated the original forty eight rogues from earlier, but have had to fight almost sixty more since then. The rogues had backup for every twenty they lost, they were set on bringing me down. 

They were abnormally stronger and faster, which initially caught me off guard. Why was this the case? 

My chest heaved up and down, as I took in the immense army of rogues. My jaw ticked in frustration, I was beginning to admit to myself that I needed help.

"Warriors, I need backup." I finally said, mind-linking them. If only had brought more than six warriors, this would be over quickly.

"We're coming, Alpha. How many are you facing?"

"About fifty or sixty." I responded.

"What?" One exclaimed in shock. "The odds will be so unfair, even with you on our side. Not to mention, you're not in good shape. The wolfsbane isn't completely out of your system."

I bit my tongue to hold back my angry comeback, because he was right. "The odds will not be in our favour, so I expect you to fight well. Like usual."

"We can ask The New Dawn Pack for aid, they've been extremely kind to us." Another suggested. 

My warriors were led to the borders of their pack by the rogues. The rogues probably did that, hoping that they would capture them for entering their territory without invitation. If it weren't for the alliance in question, my warriors' fate would have been different. 

My mood darkened at the thought of getting aid from The New Dawn Pack, it displeased me. A rogue charged at me with a loud yell, silver spear in hand and crazied eyes. Another charged at me from behind, skilfully carrying three knives in each hand. 

Dodging their attacks was the most I could do then, before turning dangerously offensive. My breaths were getting louder and haggard, indicating that I was getting tired. Unfortunately.

I gritted my teeth in displeasure, opening the telepathic channel. "Ask for their help, for backup." I commanded, before cutting the connection. 

Whatever it takes to finish this battle, I convinced myself. 

It felt like hours before I finally got a whiff of backup, my warriors were among other warriors. Their thunderous stampede echoed throughout the air, making their presence be known. My six warriors led the warriors, running beside a powerful blond female. 

My intuition told me she was Beta blooded, probably the next in line to the position. The warriors and rogues delved into battle, attacking each other mercilessly. The Beta-blooded blond made her way towards me, her icy blue eyes meeting mine.