Blood Red Eyes

{7}

So much had happened in the past week, it was a little overwhelming. 

Ivy and Kyle had officially become the Beta and Gamma of The New Dawn Pack, after so much dely. Both ceremonies were held on consecutive days, and had the entire pack celebrating for days. 

Everyone wholeheartedly accepted their new leaders, having complete faith that they will rule as brilliantly as their parents. Another reason for the pack's high spirits was also because we had officially announced the alliance between mine and Lucio's pack. 

Things were going really well, the killings had decreased down to nothing in both packs. This had initially made us question their intentions, but we eventually accepted that it had been due to our alliance.

However, our guard was still high.

During the week, I spent most of my time doing my usual pack work, discussing our threats with Lucio and playing with my baby siblings. Ever since Lucio had come, I hadn't been hanging out with Alex and Ella as much; I felt pretty bad about it.

Although, now they were having fun outside the state for a school trip.

Interestingly, Lucio had become much more distant with me since last week. It frustrated me to no end, why initiate the mate bond if you couldn't commit? Damn, idiot. I could tell that he regretted his actions, he had done initiated it in the spur of the moment. 

He had been moody and cold with me, to which I gladly returned the favour. My parent did not approve of what was happening, and gave him a warning. It hadn't improved the situation, but the glares had definitely lessened.

For the first time in my life, I felt helpless about something. I had been hoping to get past his fears and paranoia about our relationship, and live out our lives as a fated couple. Due to our weird relationship, no one who knew about us spread the information that we were mates. 

The pressure of the public would only make matters worse. 

Today was, yet another normal day, but the atmosphere was filled with intense anticipation. It was the day Lucio's older brother, Luca, was flying in. Once we requested him to visit my pack, he accepted the invitation gratefully. 

I had very little memory of him from eight years ago, when they visited our pack for my mother's birthday. I had much more interactions with Lucio back then, probably because of our similar ages. I remember Luca to be a very sweet, gentle guy who was mysteriously quiet. 

He had also inherited those blood red eyes from his father, making him look almost unapproachable. Fortunately, his calming nature is what saved him from his intimidating appearance.

Luca was now twenty four years old, two years older than Lucio and three years than me. From what I know, he supports the pack from the shadows, leading a group of specialised warriors for missions. You could almost describe them as a group of spies, we have our own secret unit too. 

"He's close." Enzo announced with a smirk, re-adjusting his black eyepatch. I regarded his cool eyepatch with immense curiosity, I was almost sure it was for useful purposes and not for style. How damaged was his left eye, for him to have to cover it up? And what was the story behind it?

Everyone had paused their tasks, intrigued to meet Luca Silvestro. He was staying for a week. 

Enzo's gaze was on Kyle, wearing a small grin. "I have a feeling Kyle and Luca will hit it off, they're pretty similar." 

I had heard that Luca and Enzo were good friends, so I pondered on that. I wondered if that was the reason he and Kyle hit off so quickly. 

I glanced around the room, none of the parents could make it. Lucio, Enzo and their six warriors were present, ready to see their fellow pack member. Ivy, the Beta, and Kyle, the Gamma, were also here to welcome Luca into our pack.