Northern Border

{2}

"Finally!" Kyle exclaimed, digging into his ice cream. 

Ivy and I watched him scoff down his dessert, not sure if he was referring to his food or the fact that a date for the meeting was officialised. It took both packs two weeks to decide on a date to meet, it was necessary to find a time when every necessary person was available. 

I also would've thought that texting each other would make the process a lot easier. However, I was gravely mistaken. He was the worst replier I have ever come across in my life. You would think that he would be more interactive since this alliance was important to him. 

The one word that can perfectly describe the past two weeks would be, frustrating. It looked like I wasn't wrong to dislike him.

However, despite all this, we had finally settled on a date, time and location. 

We were going to travel to their pack tomorrow, and will be going through the contract the day after. Annoyingly, Lucio was currently in my state but claims that he cannot make it to my pack. I didn't understand why he couldn't visit, it would've saved him from a lot of hassle. 

"I want some too!" Ella cried out, her eyes fixated on Kyle's ice cream. Her head just managed to reach the table, the dessert perfectly in her line of vision. We were all in the manor's back garden, enjoying the little free time we had.

Kyle's light brown eyes darkened, getting serious all of a sudden. "This one's mine, get your own. You little sh-."

Ivy smacked the back of his head, making him cry out in pain. "Don't talk to a five year old like that!" 

Kyle pouted that he was getting told off. "Maya, control your baby siblings. They're always after my food."

"That's because you're always eating." I deadpanned, rolling my eyes.

"I'm not a baby, I'm a big girl now!" Ella complained, crossing her small arms. 

Ivy crouched down to Ella's level, and smiled. "I'll get you some ice cream, where's your brother?"  

"He's watching the fighter...warrior people train, again." She responded, hugging my knee. "Maya?"

"Yeah?" I responded, ruffling her hair. 

I only had two siblings and they were both younger than me. Ella's brother was also her twin, a cheeky boy named Alexander. Both of them were named after our grandparents, Alex was the name of our mother's father and Ella was our father's mother's name.

They both inherited my mother's chestnut brown, wavy hair whereas I had my father's raven black coloured hair. I inherited my mother's grey eyes, although mine was darker. The twins' eye colour was a shock for anyone who saw it; one was dark blue and the other was grey. 

Heterochromia wasn't a common trait within werewolves so it was a surprise to everyone. People named Alex and Ella the 'Odd Eyed Twins', a name that my parents did not approve of. Neither did I, but the twins seemed to like the nickname. 

However, they were only five. They may grow up to hate it, so I'm doing my best to ensure people didn't call them that. 

"Oh, he's coming!" Ella told us, her eyes looking hazy. 

I thought unusual abilities were only reserved for my mother and I, until they were born. Although, their abilities were a lot different to mine. They can pinpoint the exact location of each other and feel each other's feelings.

I had a feeling they'll develop more unusual abilities as they grow up, as I have. Only the leading families, Beta family and Gamma family, knew about our secret. We agreed that it wasn't wise to spread this information, it wouldn't benefit us at all.