Dangerous Accusations

{8}

The next day had come around and I was still thinking about yesterday. From Luca's arrival to Lucio's compliment about my hair. I thought it was unfair of him to be sweet one second and cold the next, it only made me confused. 

I got a call in the early morning, regarding the autopsy they did on the several rogues that were abnormally advanced. They had gathered enough results from the extensive research they had done, and wanted to share it with me. 

I was going to immediately notify Lucio about this, getting used to sharing information with my new ally. I left my room, thinking I'd have to wake him up, since we wouldn't have time to visit the medical institution later on. It had turned out that he was already awake and was in our personal gym in one of the garages. 

Already dressed, I hurried towards the gym room, following his scent. I had walked in on him bench pressing what looked to be impossible for many to lift. Sensing that I wanted to speak to him, he stopped and put the weighted bar back into its place. 

He was breathing a little harshly, grabbing the towel around his neck and wiping his forehead. His dark hair fell across his eyes, drenched with sweat as he met my gaze. He wore no shirt, revealing the perfectly sculpted body he worked hard to maintain. 

The garage door was wide open, letting in a nice breeze. His golden eyes revealed no emotion as he asked, "Can I help you?" 

I tilted my head at his question, although he hadn't said it in a rude way. 

"I don't need your help, but your cooperation." I told him firmly, placing a foot on a nearby box. "There is an autopsy report ready for us to review at one of my medical institutes."

Understanding what I meant, he stood up and nodded. "Alright, I'll get ready. I'll need to shower though, so I'll take a little while."

I headed to my car, hopped into the driver's seat and waited for him. I didn't have to wait too long, before I knew it he was out of the door, fully dressed. Following my scent, he tracked me to my car and hopped into the passenger seat. 

"Is it far?" He asked, not bothering to put the seat-belt on. My annoyance flared up at his carelessness, but didn't say anything. He's almost as reckless as my mother, who also doesn't bother to put her seat-belt on.

I turned the engine on, suddenly not giving a damn about his safety and drove off. 

"Somewhat." I responded curtly. 

His hair was still wet from the shower, the scent of his shampoo and shower gel flooded my senses. It smelled really good, it was almost distracting. The journey was going to be roughly an  hour long, depending on traffic. 

Although, I doubted there'd be many people travelling this early. 

He looked out the window on his right, while I gazed straight ahead with my eyes on the road. We travelled in silence for about ten minutes, before I broke the silence. 

"Is Luca liking it here so far?" I asked, remembering our last encounter yesterday. I had decided not to join the dinner, because I wasn't feeling it and needed to work. 

Lucio nodded in response. "He's complimented everything about this pack, from it's territory to it's leaders."

I glanced at him in curiosity, before looking back at the road. "Interesting."

He looked at me then, raising an eyebrow. "What?"

I turned to look at him and blinked. "What what?"

He rolled his eyes, before focusing those golden orbs on me. "That tone of yours caught my attention, that's all. I just thought you had something to say."