17. Objection

Author-nim's P.O.V.

"We are done cross-examining the documents, your Honor. We don't accept Exhibits 5 and 7 as they were not from a third party source. Authenticity of them are of question." Atty. Jun Minji said.

"Objection, your Honor!" Taehyung said firmly, hitting the table hard with his right hand, gritting his teeth. Hobi almost jumped in surprise.

Atty. Jun raised her eyebrow, while the judge was waiting for him to continue, "Okay go on, Atty. Lee Seokjin?"

Taehyung nudged at Hobi and whispered to him, "Go Hobi, I've just always wanted to do that and say that line. But I don't really have anything to say."

"What?! What's wrong with you, Jin??" Hobi asked confused, but then he cleared his throat and said,

"Exhibits 5 and 7 may have come from our client, but they were signed, witnessed and sealed by third party individuals, all with supporting identification numbers indicated in the documents, your Honor. They are all eligible, related and valid."

"Yes!! That-- what he said, your Honor!" Taehyung said and smiled proudly.

Hobi shook his head slightly.

"Objection sustained." The judge said. "But you don't really need to say it that way, Atty. Lee. You seem so enthusiastic today."

"Apologies, your honor." Hobi said.

"If there are no more exceptions from the two parties, we'll have a continuance fourteen days from now. Court is adjourned."

Hobi and Taehyung bid their goodbyes to their client, and head to the parking lot of the court house.

"Jinnie, you are very weird lately! Are you distracted? I think you really are. That might be because of Taehyung, isn't it? You are spending too much time with him, are you getting confused again?"

"Sorry about that Hobi. I wasn't paying much attention to our cases lately. But-- what do you mean I'm getting confused? Confused of what?" Taehyung asked.

"Of what you feel. I mean, c'mon Jin, who in the right mind would let his ex-husband sleep overnight at his house with him?! Namjoon was losing his cool, Yoongi said." Hobi said as he starts driving the car.

"I want us back together, Hobi." Taehyung said, looking outside of the window. He heard Hobi sighed deeply.

"Ok, Jin. The question is, does he want you back too? Is he serious this time? Honestly, I just don't want you to go thru the same heartache over and over again."

"He still loves me. I am sure of it. But what do you think, Hobi- do I love him that much to go thru all of it again?" Taehyung asked curiously. He knows that Hobi is Jin's best friend, so if there is anyone whom Jin tells everything, that would be Hobi.

"Only you can answer that, Jin. As far as I know, you love him and Soohri more than anyone in your life. But you already told yourself you'll try and move on from him after your divorce. I thought you were getting back with Namjoon, then now you are telling me you want to be back with Taehyung. You are unpredictable, you know!"

"Namjoon? Why would I get back with him? Were we a thing??"

"Yeah, since we're college, right?! You loved him truly, despite being arranged together by your dad, was I wrong?!" Hobi asked glancing back and forth at Jin and the road while he drives.

Taehyung stayed silent and just stared outside the window. He is now questioning himself if he was able to erase whatever it is that Jin had for Namjoon, something he has never asked Jin before. He was just busy accusing Jin of having an affair with him.

*******

Taehyung's P.O.V.

"Hey Jin, baby. How's the pre-trial? You tired?" Namjoon said as he entered my office and gave my shoulders a massage.

But I stood up and faced him, "I'm good, thanks."

He slightly smiled at me and said, "So, have you decided when can we move in together?"

"I told you, I am working things out with Tae. I'm sorry but please, just give me a breathing room!" I am so glad I am living as Jin right now. Coz if not, I don't know if he'll be easily swayed by Namjoon and with his dad pressuring him.

Namjoon stepped forward and leaned closer to me, "Well, I object baby. Your dad will announce our appointment to his company's board soon. Think about it, you would once again turn out as the stupid son, embarrassing your dad again. Would you like that?!"

"What the actual fuck?? Are you trying to brainwash and manipulate me?!"

"When did I ever manipulate you Jin?! If I did, we would've ended up together already. But instead, I patiently stayed by your side as a substitute."

A substitute? Did he mean as the other man? I only stared at his eyes, trying to read him.

"I can't wait to be the first man for you again, Jin. I swear, if I give you a taste of us again, you won't go searching for him anymore." Namjoon cupped my cheeks and quickly captured my lips. Fuck, I was frozen at the disgusting taste!!

But I did not move as I am quite not sure how to react. My mind is getting blurry right now, the thought of him and Jin doing this before, here in the office every single day just made my chest crumble.

I pushed him slightly so he pulled back, my eyes are wide and teary, but I held it in. Then I spoke, "Sorry, I-- I wasn't ready doing that."

Then I shove him to the side so I can walk away from him, I went to the other side of the table.

"It's fine, baby. I'm actually surprised you didn't object with me kissing you. I know it's been a long while since we kissed, I understand. You'll soon get used to it again." He smirked at me. I'm confused at what he said, so I asked,

"W-when was the last time we k-kissed?!" I gulped after I let out my question. I am nervous to hear the truth that him and Jin have been together while we are married.

"The last time? Since we broke up, remember? Since that Taehyung came between us, we haven't been intimate like this. That's why I missed you so much, baby.."

My heart just beats even faster and my tears slowly streamed down my face.

Jin, my baby.. he never really had an affair..

*******

I am trying to update one by one, but let's see if I've got more time tomorrow.

You know we have the PTD online concert!! Praying for everything to go well for us and our boys. May they be safe and healthy as they perform for ARMY.

Borahae loveys 💜

~Author-nim 😊