22. My Fear

Seokjin's P.O.V.

"Congratulations to both of you. You are almost six weeks pregnant Atty. Kim! Wow. When I almost believed the news and gossips that the heirs to a big conglomerate are already divorced, but here you are with your second baby. I am so delighted."

I looked at Tae who seemed annoyed by Dr. Ria's comment. He was about to speak, but I just said, "Thank you Dr. Ria. My husband and I had worked out some things and now trying to start over again. Can we ask you please to keep our visit here private?"

"Oh of course, Mr. Kim. Your information confidentiality is important under my care. So please don't worry. Now, Atty. Kim, can you please lie down in here as we'd like to try and take a peek at your baby. If we get lucky, we can also hear the baby's heartbeat. At this stage, he or she is still very little that it'll be a bit difficult to find a pulse without using a trans-V one. However, let's give it a try just thru the pelvic ultrasound."

Tae did as he was asked. Then I helped him lift his dress shirt up, as I stood beside him. Dr. Ria started to lightly press the probe covered in gel into his abdomen.

"Oh here.. You see this little bean right here, that's the baby." She smiled at us. I smiled at Tae, he's still staring hard at the monitor. I can't read his expression right now. All I am sure of is that this feeling is quite nice too, just standing beside my husband while we stare at a new little life we have formed together.

But nothing compares to the feeling being the one lying at Tae's place. I loved it more. I still can remember how Soohri made me feel mixed of emotions when I first saw her on the ultrasound monitor.

I was scared, worried and surprised that moment. But at the same time, I was astonished, amazed and overjoyed thinking that a little life is growing inside me. Tae was with me that time too, but just same as now, his face was unreadable that time.

Tae quickly turned to me when we start hearing quick thuds, like that sound of a horse galloping fast.

"There it is. The baby's heartbeat, saying hello to you both." Dr. Ria said.

"Oh goddd, baby. That's amazing. Was that coming from inside me, really?!" Tae said to me, his eyes are wide open.

I nodded and smiled at him, "Amazing, is it not?"

"I know the feeling. This might not be your first pregnancy anymore, but you'll never get used to the great feeling of the miracle of life you're carrying once again." Dr. Ria said, smiling at us.

I pulled out my phone, actually Tae's phone that I had to carry to the office, and then recorded a short video of the baby's heartbeat and Taehyung's reaction too.

As I finished recording, I stopped at his face and noticed that he's teary-eyed. He's biting and licking his lips to hold back, as he helped the doctor wipe the sticky gel on his abdomen. He must be feeling so overwhelmed right now. I am overjoyed too.

"I'll give you two a moment while I complete your papers outside, hmm?" Dr. Ria said.

As soon as she stepped outside the room, I turned to Tae. I almost gasped when Tae pulled me for a deep kiss. I smiled while we kiss. Right now, I don't care about anything else yet that has transpired at Tae's office earlier. All I can think of is just me and him enjoying this moment as one.

He whispered to my lips when he pulled back, "It's so beautiful Jin. Honestly, I am scared. But since I know you are here with me, I'm not anymore. I'm actually thankful that I get to feel our baby inside me. I know and I'm sure that I will love this baby, you and Soohri forever. Forever, Jin."

I am teary-eyed at what he said, then I stepped closer to embrace him, I whispered to his neck, "I'm so glad to know that, babe. Now, I'm not worried that you'll carry our second child for nine months."

Tae quickly leaned back and told me, "Oh no, no, baby! We still need to find a way to switch back before I deliver this baby. I will die doing that, I swear!"

*******

Tae and I came into our room at the same time as we both tucked Soohri to bed. I had to stop Tae playing our baby's heartbeat video for Soohri repeatedly, as our little girl wouldn't be able to sleep at all with that thudding sounds.

I'm already in my blue pajamas while Tae wore his black shirt and shorts. He slumped into the bed, his phone still in his hands. "I won't get sick of watching this heartbeat video, baby. Woahh! I feel just by listening to this that he will be a boy this time."

I smiled at what he said, " What makes you think that, babe?!" I laid beside him and raised both my arms, my head resting on my hands clasped together.

"I don't know. Coz his heartbeat sounds so strong, right?"

"Maybe. You know what, I feel like you being me for quite a while now changed you a lot. You now care more about me and Soohri. You pay attention to details about our family already. You are very appreciative now, patient and cheerful. And many other more."

"Really?! I didn't notice. But you know I told you I'm just trying to make things right. Is there anything you'd like to talk about that's bothering you?" Tae asked as he embraced my waist.

"Not really. I don't want to stress you out in any way as you're very happy today. It's just that I thought, if a lot is changing with you because of our switch, do you think there should also be a realization for me while being you?! I haven't really lived as you that much in an everyday basis. Therefore, I haven't really discovered much about you."

"I don't know if there's a necessary one that you need to see about me. You have always been an observant husband to me even before. Unlike me who was so self-centered. So I think there's not a lot that you need to know about me."

"That might be right. I was just hoping that whatever purpose this switch has, I hope it can be fulfilled soon. I'm afraid to explore more being you. I want to see life now with you as normal again." I lowered my arms and hugged Tae close to me.

I wish when we wake up tomorrow, we're back to our bodies. The more I stay being Tae scares me. I fear that I might see something that would only drive Tae away from me again.

*******

Our Taejinnie hearts so well-fed today! I so love them!! I wish our babies are always happy 😭💜🥰❤️

How are y'all feeling about tomorrow's online concert? I'm sure our baby Jinnie will cry, and I will too!! 🥺😭