25. Lightning Strikes

Jin, with Soohri on the backseat, has already picked Taehyung up from his office. But Jin said that Jungkook was looking for certain documents that Taehyung reckons to be sitting at his home office.

Therefore, they both made a stop at Taehyung's condo unit first so they could get the documents that they needed.

"I would have to take more clothes too. We should have your unit cleaned at least once a week, babe. I think you're neglecting your place a lot." Jin said, Soohri in his arms, as they stepped out of the elevator.

"Yeah, okay. I didn't think of it that much as I'm not staying here anyways." Taehyung answered back while he presses his code on the door.

As they both walked into the living room, Jin smiled when he saw a family picture of them framed and hanged on the wall. "Soohri, sweetheart, look at that. You're still so little in this photo."

Taehyung gave Jin a backhug and said, "Yup, she's one year old at that photo. Soon, we'll replace that frame when our little one comes. I really feel she's gonna have a baby brother."

Jin smiled and turned around to embrace Taehyung with Soohri. He was about to give him a kiss when the door of the master's bedroom suddenly opened.

Taehyung turned to look and gasped when he saw Jimin walking out of his bedroom. He quickly blurted out, "What the hell are you doing here?!"

"Wow look at you, what a happy family picture! Hello Jin!" Jimin said. "You can ask Tae for that. But to make the long story short, we lived together here when you got divorced. I guess you forgot, Tae?!"

Jin's eyes widen, he stepped back and released his hold on Taehyung. The latter looked at Jin and whispered, "Baby, that's not true."

Jin inhaled deep, he chose to believe Taehyung so he said towards Jimin, "You know that's not true, Jimin. Please leave, now. You are not welcome here."

Jimin started to tear up, "How dare you say that, Tae?! Did you forget how I was the only one that cared for you when Jin was cheating on you with Namjoon?!"

Jin got worked up at what he heard. He's had enough of Jimin feeding Taehyung this nonsense ever since, so he unconsciously said, "I didn't cheat on-- J-jin didn't cheat on me!! Now stop it with your obsession over my husba-- I mean w-with me and just leave us alone please! How many times do I have to tell you that Jin and I are already back together?!"

Soohri started to cry as Jin's voice rose louder, which startled the child.

Taehyung felt burdened to see Jin in this situation, along with their daughter. The last thing he would want was Jin to go through a fight with his ex-lover. So he stepped between Jin and Jimin, then he said, "Jimin, can we please talk about this calmly, alone.."

Jin whispered behind Taehyung and said, "Tae, no.. I will tell him off myself!"

Taehyung ignored Jin behind him and continued to tell the sobbing Jimin, "As you know, I am pregnant. Hence, I hope that you respect me and Tae this time. Whatever you had before, it's over. He already told you about that. So please--"

Jimin cut him off by shouting out loud, "Then do I deserve a respect as well?! As I am pregnant for your ex-husband too!!"

"W-what??" Taehyung was taken aback by what Jimin said. Then he turned to look at Jin, whose hand is on his mouth, surprised at what he heard. Jin's eyes instantly welled up, he whispered to Taehyung, "Tae.. is that t-true?!"

Jimin walked closer to Jin, "Taehyung-ah, I need you now. Our child needs you. Please. I've always been there for you when you needed someone to comfort you. I need you to choose me this time. Please, Tae.."

Jin stepped back away from Jimin, not knowing what to say. His mind is clouded at the news he's heard, adding to that was Soohri's loud cries in his arms. So he ran towards the door and headed out.

"Jin!!" Taehyung shouted, which made Jimin looked confused, thinking why 'Jin' called out his own name. But he started to speak softly,

"Mr. Lee Seokjin, I'm sorry but I'm not sorry. As you see you're already divorced. Therefore, you don't have any rights against me being with your ex-husband. So don't force to glue back together what's already broken. Taehyung doesn't love you. So you should just let him go."

Taehyung's forehead creased at what he heard from Jimin, he answered calmly but with tears in his eyes, "How do you know who Taehyung truly loves when he never told you that he loves you?? Fucking you was not the worst mistake that Taehyung made - it was him being the stupid moron that he is, letting you ruin our marriage thru your lies and manipulation!"

Jimin wanted to say more, but Taehyung already ran after Jin, leaving him alone at the middle of the living room, sobbing softly.

*******

The sky must have been sympathizing with Jin as heavy rain pours down his windshield while he drives, his tears are streaming down his face.

He tried to wipe his eyes dry as he pulled up in front of their house. He got out of the car despite the heavy rain and headed to the door to get an umbrella for Soohri, when a taxi stopped behind his car.

He felt guilty for a while as he remembered that Taehyung is pregnant but he left him earlier, forcing him to take a cab on his own.

Taehyung went out of the taxi cab, getting himself all wet by the rain too, he hurried to Jin, "Jin, baby.. wait please. Talk to me. I didn't know how that fucking happened but--"

"How e-else could that happen, Tae? Y-you were f-fucking him, of course!" Jin said while sobbing.

"No! I mean- yes, I was. But I've always used protection. I never intended to get him pregnant. Baby, please.. let me sort this out."

"Tae, stop now, please.. I-- I don't think we should get back together. This is just too much for me now. I tried to accept your past affair with him. But you having a child together- that's another story." Jin said loudly, as the heavy rain overpowers his voice.

Taehyung started crying too as he listens to Jin's words, ignoring the cold rain showering over him. He kept on biting his lips, trying to suppress his cries but he just couldn't.

"I can't endure that anymore, Tae. If you still have a bit of respect remaining for Soohri and our baby in your womb, you would think about letting me go now. As you would only hurt me more and more, and day after day, I will only die inside loving you, Tae!..

I-- I just wish I'm not you a-anymore!! Being you just g-gave me more p-pain!! I don't w-want to be with you anymore!!"

Taehyung felt his chest was squeezed tight after hearing Jin's wish. He just sadly stared at Jin who's crying hard as he talks.

Both of them got startled when the loud thunder roared over them, the lightning gave the gloomy sky a much needed brightness, as the rain poured over them even harder.

Both Jin and Taehyung are speechless, their hearts beating different kinds of pain. But the deep desire for each other's love is evident in their eyes, if only they are in a much better situation, then things must have turned differently for them.

*******

Okay loveys, author-nim is ready for rants 😣