Chapter 17-Promise

"I think I'll be late getting Camilla

"I think I'll be late getting Camilla." As I finished reading a paper for the last time, I groaned and closed my laptop.

"Why not ask Adriana to pick up Camilla? Camilla's apartment is close to the building where she works." Lucas said.

"Are you going to dinner?"I asked Killian.

Every month, my father and Killian's father have a family dinner, which normally takes place at home, but tonight we are going to a restaurant. 

"Yes, my mother is likely to murder me if I don't show up," he answered.

I smile. Their mother raised them with a lot of overprotectiveness. When I overheard people talking about their mothers around me, I also felt envious. Even though our father was present, I also wanted hers. He is very much appreciated by us. He raised us all, worked, and looked for Adriana every day. But occasionally, we still yearn for our mothers' love.

Later, he met Emma. She made every attempt to help. She was never odd with us. She welcomed us.

"Elijah" Lucas called, looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"We called you three times. What's wrong with you?" Killian asked

"There is nothing wrong. I'm going to call Adriana," I murmured as I reached for my phone, and Damon strolled in like he owned the place. I scowled at him.

I said, "You guys really need to go to work."

"Since I won't be seeing any clients for the remainder of the day, I checked upon the shipment that arrived today. What has Lucas done so far?" Damon asked.

"I'm creating a new menu for my restaurant." Lucas remarked

"So you are unable to do that at your office, why?" I asked while ringing Adriana's phone.

A voice that was unknown said, "Hello." I am aware that it is not one of her friends.

"Hi, is Adriana there?" I asked

"Yes, Elijah, what can I do for you?" Adriana questioned, probably rolling her eyes.

"I wanted to ask for a favour, please." i said

"Of course you did my older brother's only phone if they needed something," she said.

"That's a lie," Lucas said.

She responded, "My two older brothers expect Lucas," and he smiled.

"Lie, Adriana, I called you last week to ask if you wanted lunch," Damon said.

"I apologise how could I forget that, therefore Elijah is the only one," She added.

"Are you busy?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm killing people. You're disturbing my killing time," She said sarcastically.

"I wanted to know if you're done with your killing if you won't pick Camilla up on your way home because I'm going to run late," I said.