Chapter 21-My Obsession

Adriana was my obsession

Adriana was my obsession. Good or bad, I was curious about everything about her. I can't help but want to be around her, pleasing and protecting her at all times. She should only laugh and grin at me. Just as much as I wanted her to be mine, I also wanted to be her. I'm constantly thinking about her, and I want her all to myself.

I sat there, staring at Elliot Black, Adriana's ex. Thinking about him being her ex motivated me to want to murder him, but I had to control myself.

"I was quite taken aback that you wanted to meet with me," he said. He's probably unaware that I wish to murder him.

"I wanted to talk about something important," I said.

"You should talk to my father if anything has to do with the mafia," he stated.

"Oh, I thought you were the Don already," I said.

"You know how it is; my father still does the majority of the work, even though I am in charge," he chuckled. His father was still the Don, so I knew he was lying.

"I don't; I took over the mafia as soon as I turned twenty, and my father stopped involving himself unless he was needed," I said.

"Mr. Hernandez, is there anything else you need?" The waiter asked.

"It's clear that we're talking; leave," He demanded, and the waiter quickly turned to walk away.

I remarked, "Quite a temper you have," while he gave me a furious look.

"For what reason did you actually arrange this meeting?" he inquired.

"Now we're getting to business. Listen carefully to what I'm about to say because I don't like to repeat myself. Stay away from Adriana. If I ever find out you talked to her in that tone of voice again, I will cut out your tongue and make sure you won't see another day. Do I make myself clear?" I said I would make sure that nobody ever disrespected Adriana.

He scoffs, "Are you really threatening me over Adriana?"

"Yes, over Adriana, because she is mine, and this is a warning: if I wanted to threaten you, you would be in one of my cells, pleading for your life, I promise." Standing up, I continued, "Oh, and do not ever contact Adriana."

***
"No, Ryder, I'm not buying you lunch," I said.

"You never hang out with me," he remarked.

"I think you need to find yourself a girlfriend, seriously," I stated.

"Now, tell me about the girl you are obsessed with." Ryder asked, and of course I trust Ryder, but not by telling him it's Adriana.

"What girl?" Elijah inquired as he entered my office, accompanied by Lucas and Damon.

"Don't you have any work to do?" I asked.

"I never have any complaints whenever you guys come to my office without reason," Elijah replied.

Ryder remarked, "Killian has an obsession with a girl." I sometimes think Ryder is a small child who enjoys gossip.

"I hate to be the girl you are obsessed with." Lucas said. Don't worry; your sister is.

"Did I hear lunch is on Killian because I'm starving?" Damon asked.

"Your brother owns a restaurant; you could easily get yourself something to eat," I said.

"He is forcing me to pay for my food," Damon remarked.

Lucas glared at Damon and remarked, "You can't get free food every time."

"You know what? Fine, I will take you all out for lunch," I said because they would have annoyed me until I agreed.

"I'm inviting Camilla for lunch also," Elijah said.

***
"What do you want now again, Ryder?" When we arrived at the warehouse, I asked.

"I'm bored," he remarked as he followed me.

"Don, the guy is in the cell; you'll find a file about him on the table," replied Max. I rolled up my shirt sleeves and nodded.

"Don, he was last seen at the airport," Max said, then he walked away. He was talking about Elliot. I asked him to follow Elliot.

"Who was last at the airport?" Ryder asked.

"Nobody," I said, walking into the cell.

"James Johnson twenty-seven years old, with no partner, no children, no friends, or family. It seems like you live a really miserable existence," I added, glancing at him.

He pleaded, "Please forgive me; I had to do it."

"Don't tell me your sad stories. My profession is not psychology." I said checking the file.

"The red rose gang forced me to take it , please don't kill me." He begged

"You are already begging for your life, and I haven't even begun. How pathetic," I remarked.

He cried, "They were going to kill me."

"I am about to kill you now, so there's no need to worry about what they planned to do," I said.

"You're not understanding," he mumbled.

"You see, the issue is that I gave you a job. I would have murdered them if you had been upfront with me and informed me that they were threatening you. I could have given you protection, but you chose to act in that way. I am going to do what I think is right now," I slit his throat.

I mumbled, "Shit." My brand-new white shirt had become stained with blood.

"Where are you going now?" The instant I exited the cell, Ryder questioned.

I remarked "Away away from you," as I turned to leave, aware that he would follow.

___________________

What is your favorite book trope?

[Word count 920]