Chapter 19-Donna

We were stopped at the entrance of the warehouse by a security guard

We were stopped at the entrance of the warehouse by a security guard. He nodded as I lowered down the window, letting us go into the warehouse. The Spanish Mafia and I are meeting today to discuss forming an alliance. Lucas and Damon were in the car, while Killian and Ryder were in the car behind us.

A man was waiting for us when we stepped out of the car. He introduced himself as Diego and said, "I will be the one accompanying everyone to the meeting room." Entering the group warehouse, he came to a stop.

"Please remove all of your weapons," he added, handing us a box to store our guns in.

"Isn't it slightly dangerous for us to hand over our weapons? What happens if we get attacked?" Lucas questioned.

"Instantly upon entering the warehouse, Mr. de Rossi and I can guarantee that you have been absolutely safe. Our Donna asked us to make sure we took good care of you, and there isn't a fool in this warehouse who would go against her commands." He stated.

I told Lucas and Damon to get out their weapons because Ryder and Killian had already started doing so. Lucas placed two of his guns and Damon placed one in the box; I placed all four of mine inside.

"All of your weapons, Damon," I remarked while glancing at him. With a sigh, he removed four knives.

"Please follow me," he said.

"Isn't that adraina friends?" Damon asked i turned to look when we stopped and it was her two friends

"They're late," murmurs Alexandra, because Adriana made me learn the names of her friends—the boy's name was Santiago.

"We will wait inside the meeting room," Santiago stated as he opened the door to the meeting room for us.

"Our Donna is currently on her way; please take a seat." Diego said we took a seat.

The door opened. Alexander, one of her other friends, and Dante came in. "Where were you?" Santiago asked once they had sat down.

"Somebody wanted to stop for coffee, and somebody wanted to stop for a red bull," stated Alexander. Diego shook his head and laughed. We heard footsteps close to the door, so they ended their conversation. They stood up; it must be the Donna. When the door opens, Adriana enters.

"Donna" They greeted her.

"Donna?"

Dante wanted coffee, so we ended up arriving a little late

Dante wanted coffee, so we ended up arriving a little late. But since he got me a Red Bull, it was all okay.

Heading for the meeting room, I moved. I was welcomed by "Donna" as soon as I opened the door. Entering, I nodded.

"Donna? Elijah asked, confused. 

"Adriana, what the hell?" Damon said as I sat down.

"I told you that I was in the Spanish mafia," I said.

Elijah remarked, "You never mentioned that you were the Donna."

"You never asked," I said. "Can we get back to our business now?" I pulled out the contract they were supposed to sign and said, "You can yell at me once we get home."

I handed them the agreement and said, "You can read it, then sign it." Without reading it, Killian unfolds it to the last page and signs it.

"You did not read it," I point out.

"I know that what has been written here will not be harmful to myself in any way or my mafia." He said, glancing at me. I nodded, then turned to see whether Elijah had signed it; he then passed it to me. I turned to Killian and Elijah.

"I spoke with Leo and Mikhail. We are trying to arrange a time for us to all meet, but because of the attacks, things are a little chaotic on their end," I said.

"Will the meeting still happen this month?" Elijah asked.

"Yes, we are still hoping for the meeting to happen this month. Any questions?" Glancing at Killian, I spoke. He gets up and shakes his head.

I stood up and shook hands with Elijah and Killian. I said to them both, "I'm looking forward to doing business with you."

***
I knew that one of my brothers would come to question me, so I patiently waited for them in my room. I was reaching for my phone when there was a knock on my door.

"The door is open," I said loudly.

"Hey, are you going to bed already?" Looking uneasy, Damon asked.

"No, why?" But I knew why he was here.

"Are you ready to tell me?" He asked, sitting on the end of my bed.

"What do you want to know first?" I asked.

"Anything that you're comfortable with first," he said.

"Living with Lana wasn't great; it was awful. The moment she took me, everything changed. I doubt that there was a day that she wasn't drunk or high." I said. 

He asked, "Did she ever hit you?" but he already knew the answer.

"Yes, she did and then once she hit me with anything that she saw, she even allowed her boyfriend to hit me. I was lucky that some night she fed me, or else I stayed hungry for days unless I went and stole food for myself. I remember when I turned eleven, I thought she changed because she didn't hit me the whole month of my birthday, and the morning she told me she got a gift for me. I thought that she'd finally bring me back because she bought my clothes." I said,Stopping , and then I continued. "After I dressed, I was looking for her. I was so excited. There were four guys with her. They were the German mafia soldiers. She sold me to them."

"How did you end up with the Spanish mafia?" he asked.

"I was there for three years, and then one night there was an attack. It was the Spanish mafia. Papa took us into his care. It took a while for us to get used to him because, mentally, we were still with the German mafia, but he saved us. I don't think I would have been here if he hadn't saved us that night." I said Papa saved us; without him, I don't think we would have been alive.

"Adriana, I'm so sorry for everything that you had to go through. None of it was fair to you. Nobody deserves to experience any of it. Never allow anyone to convince you otherwise—you're incredibly strong." With a hug, he said "I swear to my life that I will always keep you safe. No matter how annoying you are, I still love you."

"It's my job as a sister to annoy you," I mumbled. He chuckled, still hugging me.

_____________

[Word count 1121]