Chapter 5

"Sorry! We took our time for the kids to gain experience from Pokémon battles." Nayeon replies sheepishly.

The woman observed the three of you with a smile.

"No worries then! Annyeong! Sana-yah! Tzuyu-yah! How are you guys?!" The woman greeted the two siblings and embraced them tight.

"Unnie!!!" "We missed you unnie." Both Sana and Tzuyu say.

After the mini reunion, they broke the hug and she turned toward you.

The woman had short hair that went down to her shoulders. Her eyes smiled beautifully. She was beautiful with her tall stature, just short of Tzuyu's height.

 She was beautiful with her tall stature, just short of Tzuyu's height

"Annyeong! I'm Jeongyeon, 22 years old. You must be Y/N, Jihyo mentioned you countless times."

"Yes, I'm Y/N, 18 years old! Annyeonghaseyo Jeongyeon-noona!" You introduced yourself to your host and greeted her back.

"Jeongyeon-ahh is there food here? I'm hungry." Jihyo asks.

"Dinner's almost ready!" Jeongyeon says as she invites the group inside her house.

"I'm just doing some finishing touches to the food. Meanwhile, you guys can freshen up or rest while waiting. There's two guest rooms available upstairs. I guess one of you can sleep on the couch here in the living room."

"I'll stay on the couch, noona." You said.

The four girls went upstairs to rest, leaving you and Jeongyeon. She went to the kitchen to finish the meal prep.

"So Y/N, I heard from Jihyo and Nayeon that you're all collecting gym badges?" Jeongyeon asks.

"Yes, noona." You replied as you stood near the counter, accompanying her.

"That sounds so fun! I wish I could travel again!" Jeongyeon looks at you with a slight melancholy in her eyes.

"The three of us used to travel, also collecting gym badges back in the day. We were all really close with each other. That's how we met Professor IU."

"You knew the professor too?" You surprisingly asked.

"Of course I do! We were her first interns. Professor IU taught us so much about Pokémon. From battling, and raising Pokémon. She showed us that Pokémon can be precious comrades in our lives."

"Sadly I had to leave them as my family started a new business." Jeongyeon continues with longing in her tone as she remembers her precious memories with Jihyo and Nayeon and their eventual separation. But she's not mad at her parents, she's just sad with the circumstances around her.

"Oh? Where's your family now, noona?" You asked. Looking at the house, it seems like she's the only one staying here.

"They moved out of here a couple of weeks ago. They started a hot spring business. I'll eventually move out of here to follow them." Jeongyeon answers.