Chapter 20

"Bagon fainted! Charmeleon wins!" The referee yelled.

As the referee announced the results, Momo was evidently panicking. She had one Pokémon left, and you still had Charmeleon and one other that she doesn't know about.

"Y/N!!" Momo yells in anger. "You'll pay for this!!" 

 "You'll pay for this!!" 

The girl was unbeatable. She has faced many trainers before and after being a gym leader, and this was the first time she was being cornered like this.

Momo, for some reason, was also intimidated by your cool and calm demeanor despite her taunting. She felt like she was in the eye of the storm, with the raging tempest just lurking in the corner ready to defeat her.

"Go! Duraludon!" Momo yelled as she threw her third and last Pokémon. 

It was a Steel and Dragon Type Pokémon that had an armor-like metal body

It was a Steel and Dragon Type Pokémon that had an armor-like metal body. It sported a really high Attack Special Attack, and Defense.

The confidence you had was starting to crack. This Pokémon would really be tough to beat. If you battle it head-on, you might lose the battle. You needed to formulate a better strategy.

"Iron Defense!" Momo shouted.

Duraludon's skin began shining as a blue aura rose from it, boosting its already high Defense even further.

"Smokescreen!" You commanded.

Smoke covered the battlefield again and Duraludon couldn't see the Fire-type Pokémon.

"This won't work again, Y/N. Flash Cannon!" Momo yelled.

Her Pokémon began charging a metallic-colored ball of energy on its front and shot a silvery beam that mowed down the field, eventually hitting Charmeleon.

It might be Duraludon's strongest attack as you saw the toll it took on Charmeleon despite the Fire-type Pokémon being able to resist Steel-type moves.

I have to do something about that Flash Cannon.

"Charmeleon, return!" You yelled. Your other Pokémon would be able to handle that massive attack by Duraludon.