Chapter 17

Rustboro City was a city with the ocean on its west side

Rustboro City was a city with the ocean on its west side. You walked at the modernized city in awe. Bright lights contrasted the night, and you felt like a tourist in a major city. The buildings stood tall in every direction and numerous establishments were seen everywhere.

But a steel tower stood tall above everything else.

"That's Devon Corporation." Nayeon says as she sees you gaze at the tall building while the group is looking for an inn to stay. "That's the largest corporation here in Hoenn Region. Developing Pokéballs, producing healing items, they're the greatest supplier on everything a trainer needs."

"However, their greatest contribution to society is their research and development." Nayeon continues. "The Pokédex is one of them, they developed it with Professor IU."

"Yeah. Making that Pokédex is one hell of a job." A voice said out of nowhere.

The group turned around to see a young girl with a wide smile.

"Annyeong!" Lisa said as she waved at everyone.

"What are you doing here? And what do you mean making that Pokédex?" Nayeon asks.

"First, I live here. Second, I work at Devon Corporation." Lisa said as she raised a finger then a two.

Oh yeah. Jisoo did say something about Lisa being from Rustboro City.

"Almost all employees were assigned to finish the Pokédex so we can release it as soon as possible. But my research is more on studying fossils and reviving them." The girl continued.

"How can you work already when you're so young?!" Sana asked. "You're even younger than me!"

"Devon doesn't look at someone's age. Thankfully they looked at our talent and accepted us despite our young age. Besides, I'm not even the youngest! And that girl, she has the toughest research out of all of us."

Lisa paused for a while for a somewhat dramatic effect.

"Parallel universe." Lisa states.

However, no reaction was received from the four ladies.