Chapter 18

That night, Yuna asked you to tell everything you knew about your world and you did. She also told you how she started as the youngest researcher at Devon.

You continued your talk at the cafeteria inside the Devon Corporation, and you messaged your sister that you'll not be with them for dinner. She and the girls were okay with it and texted you the address of the inn they rented, and afterwards you returned to Yuna's lab.

She continued the explaination on how her device works.

It was actually just your consciousness that was transferred into this universe.

"So this is not my body?"

"Well it is, but at the same time it's not."

"You just made it more complicated, Yuna. If that's the case what happened to my 'other' body?" You asked as you made air quotes.

"Back where you left it in your other universe."

"Lying in the cold hard ground?" You answered as you thought about the last thing you remembered before waking up here.

"But wait, won't my mom be worried of my body doesn't wake up for 5 days??"

"I can't say for sure, oppa. Maybe we can find a way to return you at the exact moment you left?" She said with a sad face.

"Well, how do I get back?"

Silence followed your question as the girl just looks dejected.

"I don't know yet, oppa. I'm sorry." Yuna eventually replied.

"To be honest, I'm still surprised that the experiment worked. I was there at the rooftop, trying to see if I could tune in at a random world's frequency, when suddenly a lightning struck the antenna and fried my systems."

"Thankfully the log was saved and I saw that the lightning struck at exactly 21:29:00. So maybe the lightning struck both our worlds at the same time. But I really don't know how your consciousness got transferred here, that's not how I designed my machine."

"However, I have a theory." Yuna further continued.

Your ears perked. Based on the past hours of conversation, you are confident on the girl's intellect.

"Someone used my machine as a link between the two worlds, with the intention of transferring someone from your world to this world. The lightning served as the power source for the transfer to occur, and it was a success."

"But if my theory is correct, it would open up more questions. Who is capable of doing that? No one tampered with my machine, I know because of the cameras that I installed."

"And more importantly, why would that person do that?"

.

.