Chapter 14

The sudden entrance of the girl shocked you, but what shocked you the most was what she said.

D-Does Jisoo know that I'm not from here?

"W-What do you mean, Jisoo-noona?" You asked to confirm if your suspicions are true.

"Oh. It's just that I saw you sitting there deep in concentration. I was actually here for a few minutes now and you didn't even notice me." She said as if she's hurt that you didn't see her.

"Then you suddenly shouted 'and why am I here?'," Jisoo mockingly tells you as she even tried to copy the way you said it. "So, I just said the first thing on my mind."

What a Jisoo thing to do.

"Well, did it help?" Jisoo asked.

"Yes, noona. Thank you." You said as you smiled at her.

"Good! Mind if I join you?" She asked and you nodded in response.

Jisoo sat beside you as she looked towards the horizon.

Your heart started beating faster, just like back in the day when she was still with you

"Is that your Slowpoke?" She said pointing to the pink Pokémon.

"Yeah. It came out of its own Pokéball, must really like fishing that much."

Jisoo giggled at what you told her.

"I'm surprised to actually see you here." Jisoo says while her eyes are still fixed at the sea. "This is my secret spot. I usually come here to relax and enjoy the view."

"Well, I'm sorry for revealing it." You said snickering.

She just looked at you angrily.

Cute, but angrily.

And the two of you laughed

You felt both comfortable with each other's presence, like you were friends before. Which was true in your case.

You talked about anything under the sun, and you realized that her stories were almost similar to her counterpart's story in the real world.

You felt like you were back at the school lockers as you talked about each other's likes and dislikes, and, of course, each other's favorite setting in the electric fan.