Ch 12: Patching Up Wounds

Hiccups POV

We got to our place thanks to Ruffnuts slick driving. I helped Astrid up the steps to our apartment by having her lean on me as went up. I could tell she was in pain because she was wincing with every step of the way. Once inside I put Astrid on the couch gently so she could rest.

"Thanks Ruff for the quick get away." I tell her.

"No problem Hiccup. It's the least I can do, that chick must be a real nut case. Like she first trys taking you by force then starts a whole brawl in the bar!!!! Psshh that girl needs some lessons on picking up guys the more concential way." Ruff says to me making me chuckle a bit and look back at Astrid. She had her head up staring at the ceiling fan in our living room, but seemed fine as she was still moving no sign yet of pain that may be internal or a concussion.

"Again thanks Ruff, means alot." I tell her. Ruffnut embraced me in a hug before she say anything.

"Anytime Hiccup. I best be going though." Ruffnut said which in term made me ask.

"You sure it's pretty late you sure you don't want to spend a night?" I asked politely to her.

"No its ok Hiccup, take care of Astrid. She may not look it but she's more worried for you then herself." Ruffnut says before leaving us for good for the night.

I go back inside and find Astrid leaning back in the couch all soar. She put her the back of her hand over her eyes ot cover herself from the light. I sat next to her and scooted closer to her before asking.

"Babe let me see your wounds." I tell her but she only stubbornly responded with.

"Hiccup I'm fine.... I just need to rest." She said still not moving for me to see.

"Astrid I'm serious please. Let me see how bad it is." I say again asking her to let me see.

"Hiccup I'm fine !!!! Don't worry about me I'm completely fine !!! I'm just glad nothing happened to you!!!! So my cuts and bruises don't mean anything as long as your fine!!!!" Astrid shouted to me as she sprung forwarded to me as she shouted.

I leaned back away from her anger. Not in fear but understanding from what she was coming from. She didn't say a word after that, she knew she outbursted to quickly. And I could tell her words were filled with emotion and anger. I could tell she was scared her leg would begin to bounce in anxiety and her hands would shake but she wouldn't show it. Even to me sometimes she was to tough for her own good. She always put me first since that time.......  Astrids hair covered her face as it was turned away from my gaze.

"Astrid..... I'm ok....." I tell her as I put my hand over hers. I felt it tremble for a second as soon as I touched it. She turned to me with tears brimming from her eyes. She held them though like she's done so many times before.

"I just.... I just want to protect you Hiccup.... I'm scared that I won't be able to ....  I don't want to fail you like last time....." She said as she began to sob as the words left her mouth.

My heart dropped as I knew she was  holding it in even after the fight. I held her hand tighter knowing that's all I could do right now.

"Astrid you did and have.... I know it was scary..... trust me I was too. And for a second that horrible event played in my mind as well. But you came to my rescue .... and even when I almost felt it come over me again. You saved me." I told her. She looked at me with those sapphire colored eyes tears now falling from her bruised and bloody face.

"I love you Hiccup..... I'll always protect you..... no matter what...." Astrid said as she hugged me and nuzzled into my chest under my chin.

"Shhh shhhh... Astrid. I know you will. I love you too." I told her as I stroked her hair as she buried her face into my chest. We stayed there for about a couple minutes before we separated to talk again.

"Ok babe that's enough I need to put some ice on your wounds and clean them off." I tell her. But Astrid only buried her face into me more.

"No...... I stay here. It's more comfortable here." Astrid said like a baby.

"Oh no Missy..... you need to get your wounds tended to!!!" I shout as I struggled to get her off me. I barely got her off though and she sat there on the couch pouting.

I left only for a minute to get the first aid and wet towel and a ice pack for her eye.

"Now hold still ok." I told her as I began to gently clean the blood off her lip which was cut. She winced at the pain as I did so and gave me a pouty face as I kept going.

"There that's done." I said to her as she was still pouting like a child.

"Hmph that hurt my whips pal. I think I deserve something for the pain." She said to me as she began to pucker her lips.

I took this chance to tease her and act dumb though.

"Ah ok let me see. Do you want some tiger balm? Tylenol??? Advil??? Oh I know you need both plus melatonin to sleep right ???" I ask her like I didn't get the hint. She only glared at me and punched me in the arm pretty hard.

"Ouch .... Jeez I thought you were done throwing punches for the night." I say as she only crossed her arms and looked away.

I knew she was a little ticked off by it but she's so cute when she gets flustered and mad. I took this chance to press a ice pack onto her neck making her yelp from the icey sensation.

"Ahhh!!!" She yelped as she turned to me to hit me again. But I caught her punch before she could throw it. I put her fist down and put the ice pack onto her eye for her to hold. As she did so I kissed her gently onto her cheek making her know that she got what she wanted. Even more as well as I went down to from her cheek to her neck only stopping after a few kisses there.

"Awww why'd you stop? The pain was going away" She asked me pouting.

"Because you need rest my love. Let's go to bed." I told her as I picked her up from the couch and brought her to our room. Laying her on the bed I helped her undress for sleep afterwards I did the same and joined her for the night. We didn't have to wake up till the late morning since it was Saturday night. We fell asleep but not before I positioned Astrid into my arms then I fell asleep. Because I only felt safe when Astrid was holding me tight.

End of the chapter