Ch 13: Astrid's Day Begins

Astrid's POV

I woke up next morning to a aching head ache and dry blood on my face. I picked myself up from the bed and nearly folded over from the pain in my ribs.

"Gah!!! Fuck!!! That really hurts!!!" I said out loud to myself. I managed to stumble inside the bathroom and began washing my face gently with a towel. I looked in a mirror and looked like a complete mess. My eye was black and my nose was cut and was stabbing up.

I leaned over and began preparing myself to go in for a short day at work at the gym. I sighed knowing that no matter how much make up I put on it'll still bleed through. I don't even know why I bothered even thinking of putting any on. Because I hate doing it especially out in public without Hiccup.

I finished putting what I thought was presentable for the day and headed to the kitchen. On my way I could smell bacon and eggs being cooked from the other room.

"Hiccup???" I called out.

"Yeah babe I'm over here". I heard him say, I turned the corner and saw my beloved Boyfriend cooking for me, his beat up girlfriend breakfast. I honestly wanted to just run to him and hug him as he turned to greet me.  His radiant smile made my day so much better to start off with.

"Hungry??? I made food." Hiccup asked as he put a plate on our counter for me to take. He made me scrambled eggs and bacon, a hardy breakfast for the morning after a night like yesterday. He also added some toast as it popped up from the toaster and began serving me it.

I looked at him amazed and even more in love with him then ever. He stood there working with a actual apron and tank top and pants. He honestly made it look good as his arms and chest popped with definition after all those times working out in the weight room.

I tried not stare at him as I ate my food,it seemed the sight of him made my pain go away. He caught me staring and stopped from cleaning up his work from cooking.

"Astrid is there something wrong?" He asked  acting oblivious to me staring at him and checking him out.

"Uhhhh no.... just eyeing my Boyfriends bod after he cooked me a great breakfast." I say trying to act innocent after the fact. He smirked and leaned back against the counter and began brushing his long hair out of his eyes. Revealing his green emerald eyes and gave me a Sly but seductive look.

"Uh huh....." he only said, making me gulp a little at the sight. He stood there looking at me with those eyes.

"Can I get a drink of tall, delicious and definitely my boyfriend?" I asked wanting to just dive right onto him against the counter. Hiccup just smiled and began laughing out loud by my question.

"Hahahah oh my gosh I can't believe you said that?" He said laughing at me. My cheeks went bright red as he made me say the most embarrassing pick up line I've ever said to him.

"Uhhhh you tricked me!!! You seducer of a man!!!!" I yelled out to him in embarrassment.

"Awww I'm sorry babe." Hiccup said as he came to me and began to hug me gently.

"Meanie ....." I said to him as muzzled into his chest.

"I'm sorry Babe. I was just teasing come on, we got to go. I'll drop you off at work ok?" Hiccup asked and I just nodded. I looked up to him and gave him my pouty needy eyes.

"Does that mean you'll give me some love after work?" I asked hinting at my sexual desire for him.

"No babe your still recovering. Maybe when you heal." Hiccup said sternly to making me pout at the fact.

Timeskip

We soon got dressed and headed out to the gym on Hiccup's bike. The ride wasn't long but was a bit chilly since we were riding Hiccups motorcycle which technically our only source of transportation as of now.

Stopping in front of the gym I could hear a bit of commotion on the other side of the doors. "Whats the whole ruckus?" I asked Hiccup as he escorted me inside.

We entered through the gym doors only to see everyone on their phones. That's until one of gym goers noticed me and started nudging his buddy. I walked over to the back while Hiccup decided to start working out on his own once I left.

"Dude.... that's her. That's the fighting Blonde chick who beat up all those guys at the bar." I heard them say as I kept moving forward to the back to get ready for work.  It felt awkward getting any attention for my fighting prowess since I always thought people would be afraid of me.

I headed to the back and was greeted by my friend Julia. She saw me and instantly commented on my beat up face.

"Jeez Astrid looks like the video doesn't show the aftermath does it." She said coming to greet me with a gentle hug. I whinced at the pain as she gave me a hug.

"Ahh shit.... ribs... Julia." I said to her making her back off immediately from our embrace.

"Oh shoot I'm sorry Astrid I didn't know." She apologized immediately after the fact.

"No no no its ok. I'm fine just tender that's all." I said as I began undressing into my work clothes. I took off my shirt and revealed my bruised ribs under my sports bra. I looked at it in the mirror and saw how bad it was, it was all purple and dark almost covered half of my ribs.

"Ehhhh you sure your alright?" Julia asked again to me. I looked at her and gave her a thumbs up as I finished changing.

"Yup see out there." I said leaving. As I did so I ran into Hiccup who was waiting for me outside the changing room. I noticed a man in a very luxurious suit behind him as I approached them.

"Hey babe who's this?" I asked him.

"I don't know I think he may be some type of promoter." Hiccup replied.

"He told me he wanted to see you though he gave me a whole business card and everything." He then finished the man saw we were done talking and began introducing himself to us.

"Hello I'm Victor Jones, I'm a promoter for MMA fighters and I think you Ms.Hofferson have what it takes to be a big name success within the fight game." He told me as making me and Hiccup's jaw drop.

End of the chapter