Ch 1: Old Friends and a New One

Hiccup's POV

Flashback

Hey it's me your favorite neighborhood All state champion of Berk High ......... *drum roll* HICCUP HADDOCK !!!!! I know what your thinking why are you here reading this talking to me. Well let me tell you, It all started when I came back to Berk, I met my old friends, also made new ones and even found my old crush Astrid. Now may I Add we are still going strong so back off from my baby boo.

But anyways I also joined the football team there and well I was a natural talent you can say. All was going great I had my friends cheering me in the crowd I was loved by the town and well of course made a few memories on the field. But I had my share of enemies but like any good Quarterback I came back to win always at the last quarter.

All was great and was a fairy book ending to my senior year. But as my fame grew from my small town of Berk, colleges came calling for me. And well I didn't plan on going to school to major in business or anything so I decided to try my luck into getting to the big leagues.

I was offered a ton by so many schools that it was so hard to decide from. But eventually at my dad's Hall of Fame ceremony for his college I decided to stay close to home in a way. I decided to play for the Washington Huskies like my dad. And well it was and still is a great decision, because Astrid and I both moved in a small little apartment near by campus together.

I went to school on full ride scholarship while Astrid went to school as well and worked part time at a local fight gym. And well Astrid being Astrid she was drawn to the gym like the beautiful Viking woman she is and has well made a bit of a name of herself there.

All was going fine until my college career started though, my freshman season I started only 6 games and won only 3 of them. Not to bad for a Rookie but my coaches and sport experts touted me to be a real big star coming out of college. So I kept going on getting better as much as I could. My 2nd year, I got better a bit winning most of all my starts but falling short of making the playoffs though.

Sophomore year was good but nowhere near where I wanted to be come the end of college career. Junior year started without a problem but well something happened off the field I couldn't control......... Stoick my dad started getting sick and well it got me really bad. The Doctors said he was fighting some sort of kidney cancer and well it wasn't looking good.

I dedicated my season to dad and yeah it worked perfect, even winning a Rose bowl but dad's case kept getting worse. After junior year I was drained so much mentally. My thoughts had me in a hold that almost strangled me into a hole. Astrid was there with me all the time through it all and with her being there kept me safe.

Without her I would have been to scared to continue with everything going on back home. With my personal life already out there due to the news hearing about the Great Stoick Haddock being sick, the media attacked me like hungry pack of dogs. Attacking with questions every day when I would go to school, practice and even before games.

It got to me so bad that I was benched the first time in my college career. I didn't start the season but well I wouldn't be here now if I wasn't determined to finish strong. So I worked up the strength to regain my spot with only a few games left in the season I was determined to give Pro Teams something to be very interested once my senior year in College was complete.

Present day

I wake to the sound of my phone alarm blaring out loud waking me up. I sit up from bed groggy and tired, but especially soar and drained. I look to my side and see that Astrid was already gone. I get up and check my phone, it said 6:30 AM in the morning of a gloomy Sunday morning.