Ch 7: Mr. Hero

Astrid's POV

Watching Hiccup play again was such a joy again, he looked like he was so happy to be out there again. He had a big smile after every play but had that cool determine look with every snap of the ball. So far this year Hiccup was always down and gloomy always hating how all his hard work went down the drain. But now .... finally now .... Hiccup is finally up and back in the saddle once more leading his team like he so much deserves. I could feel how it made others feel as well though seeing especially his mom and dad beside me and Ruffnut.

There would long nights where Hiccup would be on the phone with his mom Valka checking up on Stoick. He would of course forget about homework and end up just cramming everything all at once before he would go to bed. Making the stress and his health worsen with everything on his mind. Yet..... Hiccup would always smile and never get upset about his position in life. He would always tell me, "Hey the glass is half full atleast I'm getting closer to filling it." He would say, whenever I was worried for him.

Hiccup always face every day with a smile and determination that he could make it better for anyone he came across. Despite even having a bad day himself, others first, yourself last type of mind set and I love that of him. But now I'm happy he is getting his moment back to shine like he so much deserves. I turned back to the field as Valka pointed out to us that Hiccup and his team were coming out after the half.

"Look Stock Hiccup is coming back out". She said as it caught our attention to cheer for him. Stoick could not shout nor cheer loudly anymore due to his decline of health but the words he let out hit deep to me as he said them.

"Go get em son..." he said as he smiled softly as he saw his son run onto the field with his team. I smiled at Stoick as I was standing to cheer with the rest of the crowd. I looked at him and he winked at me as he knew I noticed I caught his words. I smiled widely and started to cheer on our team loudly as the opposing team came out to kick off the ball to us.

Author's POV

Back onto the field

The ball was kicked into the air soaring high and long enough for the opposing team to get to the home teams 30. But that didn't deter Michael from catching it and running it out to the home teams 40 yard line. Hiccup and the offense came out jogging onto to the field ready to take on a fresh Defense against them. Hiccup was accustomed to making comebacks in the end of a tight nit game and he knew that he must do it today if he were to take his team back from rich.

In the huddle Hiccup called the plays given to him by his Coach to drive the ball downfield. Hiccup gained his team's attention as he called the next series of plays.

"Alright guys here we go all or nothing, let's show them that we can fight back." Hiccup told his teammates firing them up.

"Here it is Right Y Z Post on 3 ready Break !!!" Hiccup shouted as he called the play his coach told him to do.

Now in the shotgun Hiccup began his cadence before shaping the ball.

"Green 80!! Green 80!!!! Set........!!!! HIKE!!!!!" Hiccup shouted to his center as he snapped him the ball. Looking left then right he saw both sides were covered. Hiccup began to scramble furiously to his left as tacklers began charging him. The announcer in the booth calling the game on radio and TV could be heard as in saying.

"Number 1 Haddock is now forced to scramble he looks to be 8n trouble folks ...... but look at his go !!!!" The commentator described.