Save The Queen Part 5

After Della recounted Donald furiously blowing up at her for not treating him like family and for humiliating him in most of their adventures the kids sat there with horrified and sympathetic expressions for Della. At the same time they were shocked by what their Uncle Donald had said but they couldn't really blame him for it.

Louie: Uncle Donald really said that!?

Della: Della looks quite dejected. Yeah, he did.

Webby: Oh, Della, I'm so sorry.

Della: Della forced on a small sad smile. Don't worry about it kid. I had that coming after the way I had been treating my brother for a year.

Dewey: Man, Uncle Donald really had big problem with getting attention.

Webby: Kinda like you.

Dewey: Dewey looks down in sadness. Yeah, just like me…when no one paid that much attention to me the day we met Don Karnage.

Huey: But surely the two of you patched things up, right?

Della: Of course we did. We're the Duck Twins, we can never stay mad each other no matter what dumb things we do.

Webby: So how did you and Donald make up?

Della: Well, after Donald left it was just myself, Uncle Scrooge, Storkules and Selene left on the dreaded island of the Underdrome.

We go back again to the Underworld, after Donald leaves to go back to Ithaquack and be away from his family the remaining group of 4 are looking quite sullen, especially Della who is sat behind large rock hugging her knees. Scrooge, Storkules and Selene look into her direction extremely worried from knowing she's in emotional torture after what her own brother said. Della continues crying and holding Donald's mage hat, looking at in misery.

Della (Narration): I was so upset after what Donald had said to me, I just couldn't get him out of my head.

Della sobs indiscreetly and tears drip from her eyes onto Donald's mage hat. She thinks about everything that has happened up until now. For a year she and Uncle Scrooge have made Donald feel underappreciated and unloved. Looking back on the adventures they have been on, she realises how uncared and humiliated the both of them have made Donald feel by forcing him to go through those humiliating stunts from getting frozen in a block of ice to trapping him in a giant cookie to save themselves. They never thought one bit about his chances of survival or what he was going through. If they'd truly loved him or cared about wouldn't they have volunteered to carry out those stunts themselves or even be bothered to decide amongst themselves who should do it? Instead they pushed Donald into danger. Della then thinks about every one of the times Donald has saved her just to protect her from harm and she repays him by getting him injured, humiliated and crushing his spirit. Then they make it even worse by ignoring Donald while they were having a good time planning out the next adventure and treasure they were going to find. And all this time she never bothered noticing or spending time with him. For the first time in over a decade she feels a horrible familiar emptiness in her heart. Once again she feels half of her missing. More tears drop onto Donald's mage hat.

Della: Donald…I'm so sorry Donnie…

She clutches the hat tightly and brings it closer for her to cry onto. She stops when she feels a familiar hand touch her shoulder in comfort. She turns her face to see Selene with a compassionate expression.

Selene: Della, we have to go.

Della: Della doesn't feel up to it but knows that they have a job to do. I know.