.:20:.

The next day, Daisy's sleep came to an abrupt conclusion as Hermione dropped a huge stack of books on their dorm room floor.

"Good sleep?" the brunette questioned brightly.

Daisy swore, blinking through bleary eyes as the room came into focus.

"Did I wake you up?"

"No, Hermione, I love waking up to the sweet sound of a thousand books dropping on the floor." Daisy sighed and stuffed her head under her pillow, in desperate attempt to block out the blinding sunlight that seeped through the curtains, burning her eyes.

Hermione scoffed. "It's hardly a thousand, what an exaggeration! Anyway, now you're awake we can study together if you like?"

Daisy sat up in disbelief. "Do I look like I want to study?"

"Well...after a quick tidy up you'll be ready in no time." Hermione studied her roommate's knotty hair that seemed to defy all law's of gravity. She struggled to tell what was make up smudged around her eyes from the night before, or what were deep eyebags from not having enough sleep.

Daisy shook her head and sunk back under the duvet. "Close the door on your way out."

Hermione didn't hear her; she was too occupied in humming a merry tune. "You didn't miss much at the meeting yesterday. We just finalised the sign up sheet and discussed a place we should meet. With the inclusion of Vivienne and Velma, maybe they can provide some more suggestions."

Daisy shot out of bed as though she had just been hexed and immediately started shoving on her robes. "What?!"

"Yeah, Neville must have told them earlier. Vivienne caught me in the Great Hall at breakfast and asked me if they could join. I couldn't really refuse-"

"Of course you can Hermione! Neville shouldn't have told them. Come on, you can't say you like them!"

"It's not about whether or not I like them, they want to learn Defence Against the Dark Arts too."

"You're all stupid! Of course they are going to run and tell Umbridge."

"I don't think so, I applied the curse on them too - so we would know if they told anyone. You can't let personal vendettas get in the way-"

"Personal vendettas?! Hermione, do you not remember what they did to my sister?"

"People can change. I think they're lost now Veronica isn't speaking to them."

"Oh boo hoo, I'll remember to pray for them tonight." Daisy was seething; she couldn't believe what she was hearing. She rubbed her temple where a tension was forming. The slush of anger stirred hotly in her stomach.

"Daisy, they mentioned to me about how they wanted to do something to help...you know, after Emmeline."

"They should have done something when she was alive then."

"I really think you're upset with her getting with Neville-"

"They're not together! And, I think it's hard for you to believe, but I am actually pissed about what they did to Emmeline." Daisy grabbed her jacket and made her way to the door.

"Where are you going?" 

"To have a tea party with Umbridge. I may as well let her know what's what seeing as she will find out anyway!"

"Daisy-"

"Don't try and stop me!"

"Actually, I was wondering if you wanted to brush your hair." Hermione's gentle voice contrasted greatly with the bitter scowl on Daisy's face as she grabbed her comb off her bedside table and raked it through a few tatters. 

"Happy?" Without waiting for her response, Daisy flung herself out and charged down towards the hospital wing. Her blood dried inside of her when she saw Vivienne. Her silvery blonde hair was scooped up into a ponytail, which perfectly framed her flawless skin. Daisy suddenly wished she had paid more attention to her appearance. Neville said something that made Vivienne's face blossom with laughter. She looked even more beautiful when she laughed. She could see what Neville saw in her. 

"Oh, Daisy, hi!" Neville called when he spotted her entering the room. Vivienne instantly stiffened and removed her gaze from Neville.

"Hi losers," Daisy said, slotting herself in the seat opposite Vivienne, to which the Slytherin shot up like she couldn't bear to be in Daisy's presence.

"I should go," she announced decidedly. 

"Course you do," grumbled Daisy.

"I do actually, I need to check Velma is okay."

"That's a shame, I really wanted to exchange make up tips with you."

Vivienne scoffed, taking a second to assess Daisy's dark make up in comparison to her subtle, glossy and pink effort. "No thank you."

"Some other time then, bestie!" Daisy called after her with a cackle as she Vivienne slammed the door. Silence. Neville looked at Daisy. "What? You were totally right, Vivenne is lovely. We are absolutely getting on like a house on fire... until I remember when she tried to kill my sister. Ah, a great foundation for friendship, it really is."

"Daisy..."

"What, Neville? Go on, try defend her, I'm all ears. Oh yes you can't." Her loud decibel had attracted the attention of Madame Pomfrey, who shuffled out of her office sporting a tired yet bemused expression.

"Daisy, I thought I heard your voice. How are your middle fingers?"

"Oh, yeah how are they?" asked Neville, reaching out to grab Daisy's hand. She snatched it out of the way and muttered a response to Madame Pomfrey. The nurse departed promptly, claiming she needed to attend to Draco's injuries. Apparently, he thought he was above wanting to be treated in the hospital wing and demanded to have dorm room service. 

"Can we please stop fighting?" Neville said breathlessly.

"We aren't fighting."

"You're angry, I can tell."

"I'm not angry. Just disappointed."

Neville dared to release a chuckle. "You sound like my grandmother."

"Something me and good old Gussy agree on."

"Are you still angry I'm spending time with Vivienne?"

"Oh yes, I meant to ask you about your wifey."

"How did you know about the kiss?"

"I'm psychic. Trelawney opened my third eye last week and my Taurus moon was in mercury...Seamus saw you."

Neville swore. "Vivienne's really upset, she's scared of what Veronica will do. She still thinks I told you and that's how you know."

Daisy shrugged and pulled a face which looked a lot like a grimace. "Well at least you won't have to keep your girlfriend a secret anymore."

"She isn't my girlfriend."

"But you want her to be, don't you?"

"I don't know." Neville inhaled. "Is that why you're angry? Because I kissed someone and didn't tell you."

No, I'm mad because you kissed someone who wasn't me, Daisy thought. "No you can snog who you want. I'm pissed because you've put the whole DA at risk by telling her. She will tell Veronica, you know that don't you?"

"I really think she's fell out with Veronica for good. I trust her, Daisy."

"Well I don't. But no one seems to care about my opinion." Daisy's head fell into her hands and she rubbed her eyes until her vision blurred. 

"Whatever happens with Vivienne nothing between us will change. We will still be best friends."

But Daisy knew in her heart that she wanted things to change. She didn't want to just be friends. She wanted more. And she really felt like seeing Neville with someone else would kill her