.:23:.

The next DA meeting was only slightly less chaotic than the last. The majority of the group had adapted to having the two Slytherins in their group but Daisy was as reluctant as ever. She was concentrating hard on Harry's instructions, desperate to perform better than Vivienne was.

When Harry concluded the lesson, the whole group groaned. Every single student was enjoying learning useful spells and being a part of something that could make a difference.

As expected, things between Dean and Daisy were awkward but thankfully not frosty. He was mainly avoiding her, occasionally daring to shoot her an sorrowful glance. Daisy secretly wanted Neville to notice the distance between the former couple and query her about it. She allowed her thoughts to run wild, even though her guilt attempted to supress them.

As the session concluded, the group fizzled out in small chunks. Daisy slowed down, in the hope Neville would ignite a conversation with her. He didn't and was preoccupied in an animated conversation with Vivienne. Hermione appeared next to Daisy, a forlorn, sympathetic look spread on her rosy face. She was accompanied by Ron, and the two friends seemed keen to leave Harry alone with Cho. They bustled Daisy out of the room with them, Hermione chatting frantically in the hope to distract Daisy.

"I really think you should talk to him," Hermione advised, once they had left the room.

"He's too busy with Vivienne now," she grumbled, forgetting to appear casual about the whole situation.

"What? I don't think I've seen them speak," added Ron.

"They haven't stopped speaking the entire time!" Daisy bellowed.

"Why would Dean want to speak to Vivienne?" asked Ron perplexed.

"Dean?! No one mentioned Dean?" Daisy said.

"Hermione literally just said you should speak to him. You look like you've been invited to Nearly Headless Nick's death day party so it's clearly affecting you. Just speak to him. At least clear the air."

"Oh. Dean. Yeah, I should," Daisy answered in a small voice. Luckily, Ron dominated the conversation - eager to discuss Quidditch tactics even though Hermione clearly wasn't interested.

Dean. Daisy wasn't upset about him. She should be - he was her first boyfriend. She broke his heart; she should at least feel guilty. But she didn't. The only feeling that consumed her was sadness as she watched Neville fall in love with someone who wasn't her.

Daisy ended up in the Gryffindor common room sat adjacent to Ron and Hermione. She pulled out a text book but had no desire to read it. She couldn't concentrate on anything lately, even if she wanted to learn about cornish pixies. Plus, if she appeared busy, Hermione would hopefully stop talking to her.

A while later, Neville stumbled into the common room. An outlandish grin was plastered on his face and Daisy was almost certain his maroon tie hung around his neck looser than usual.
She tried to avoid his gaze as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

Neville's smile remained the same size when he saw Daisy, but his eyes flashed with recognition. He sat on the spare seat in their little corner.

Hermione glanced at Ron. "We need to go and erm... find Harry..."

"Harry's with Cho-" Ron was stopped as Hermione elbowed him in the ribs. "Oh yes we do need to go. Right now. To find Harry. Who is absolutely not with Cho." Hermione sighed and yanked him away by the collar of his shirt.

Neville chuckled at their depature. "What's up with them two? They seem in a hurry."

Daisy shrugged. She wanted to stay quiet because she was scared her feelings would topple out of her mouth before she could stop them. Neville interpreted this as her being in a mood with him.

He bit his chapped bottom lip and Daisy wondered how it felt to kiss them. And then wondered if he was thinking about kissing Vivienne's.

"It feels like we haven't seen each other for ages," Neville said eventually in a quiet voice. He was being cautious, wary that Daisy was always a volcano on the brink of eruption.

"That's because we haven't," came a mumbled response.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just always assume you're with Dean-"

"I always assume you're with Vivienne."

"I guess we don't cross paths much anymore."

"Me and Dean broke up."

"Oh."

"Yeah. I kind of assumed you'd have known. Everyone else seems to. Especially since you share a dorm with him."

Neville shook his mop of brown curls. "No. First time I'm hearing this. I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"What happened?"

"Stuff. You really thought I'd be fine with being tied down to a man for that long?" Daisy joked.

Neville avoided her gaze and smiled. A curl fell infront of his face and Daisy stared at him in awe. "You'll find someone to put up with you eventually."

Daisy frowned. "I don't think so. I'll make my own way in the world."

"Don't you think you'll be lonely?"

"Nah, I'll always have you. Won't I?"

"Of course."

"Forever?"

"And ever."