Chapter 13

Khushi's POV:
The next 4 days passed blur. Sunday came faster than expected and as planned we are leaving for Khurana's village in the evening.

The program which was held on Wednesday went really well. Everyone seemed satisfied. I was really happy that the students hard work didn't go in drains. We even went for the Navratri night day before yesterday and yesterday too. It was epic.

Swarna aunty called me in the morning and said that they were taking 3 cars as it is 4-5 hours drive . Kids were going in one car with Ayush's sister and his husband. Surekha aunty, uncle Mansi and Ayush's dadi in another car. And lastly me , Ayush, Swarna Aunty and uncle .

I have met everyone but never talked to them particularly so it was gonna be a little awkward and I will be meeting Ayush's dadi for the first time , I felt nervous because I've never even seen her, Mami said she likes traditional vibes a lot so I packed only traditional clothes with me as I wanted to make a good impression. We were going for 2 days so I packed accordingly.

It was 4 in the evening and I'm in my room reading a novel. I love reading rom-com novels like a lot. But i had to stop reading and get ready cause Ayush is coming to pick me up at 5. We never talked after the day they came home, we both were busy so we couldn't. I got out of my bed and started getting ready.

I wore a peach colored dress and did light makeup and left my hair open.

After I was done I went downstairs, I still had 15 minutes till he came so I scrolled through my social media

After I was done I went downstairs, I still had 15 minutes till he came so I scrolled through my social media. At 5 sharp there was a knock on the door snd we knew who it was .

Shanti di opened the door while I went back to my room to get my stuff. I dont know why I feel butterflies whenever i hear his name or something related to him.

As I went downstairs I saw him ,Vi and Mami sitting on the couch talking about something. I went towards them and they turned to me. Vi got a call so he left and Mami went in the kitchen to get coffee for him. It was just us left now. I went and sat on the couch opposite to him. He looked at me and said "hi"
"Hey" I replied.
"So all ready to go?"he asked. I nodded.

Mami came with his coffee which he gladly drank. After he was done we started driving to his place. Throughout the drive I was looking outside the window and felt him glancing at me once in a while. Later he broke the silence.

"So why did you agree to this marriage?"he asked out of blue.
"I uh... honestly I didn't know what to do but the night before you came I heard Mami and Mama talk. They trusted you with me so I just gave in to this. Because I know whatever they do for me they do it for my happiness so I agreed."i told truthfully. Well he has the right to know.

"Khushi i know this is totally unplanned but lets give this marriage a chance? We don't even know each other properly so how about we start this with friendship? What say?" He said while forwarding his hand . I think he's right.

"Ok ,i agree friends"i said while taking his hand.
"Now that we are friends Khushi tell me about yourself"he said.

We talked about lots of things. I got to know his likes and dislikes his favorite places. We even shared numbers. After sometime we reached his place. Before I could open the door he opened it for me. I just smiled and got down.

"You know I could open it myself" i told him.
"But I wanted to do it for you ma Bella" he said and winked. I flushed to it.

"Wahh so friendly"said consey
"Your alive?"i asked her.
"Of course I am!" She said i just shrugged off.

We went in and saw everyone moving around to make sure everything is perfect. Swarna aunty saw us coming so she came towards me and gave a motherly hug.

"Hi bacha we were waiting for you only come" she said gesturing me to come in . I nodded smiling and went in.
"Khushi I know u haven't met everyone properly so let me introduce you to everyone"she said . I nodded.

"So you already know me, Manish and Ayush. This is Surekha Ayush's chachi and Akhilesh his chachu"she said. I looked at them and greeted them properly and they did too.

"You already know Mansi she's Surekha's daughter and along with her there are these two munchkins luv-kush"she said pulling the twins cheeks.

"Hi cutie pie's" i said smiling.
"Hi Khushi di"they sang together. Everyone laughed at their instincts.

"Moving on to Myra my daughter and her husband Sameer and their daughter Shanaya. Myra and Ayush are twins"she said . She seemed friendly.

"And  lastly me" I heard someone say. I turned around and saw an old lady coming down the stairs.
"What Swarna you introduced everyone but not me"she said playfully glaring at aunty.
"Sorry maaji you were resting so I didn't want to disturb you"aunty said and she smiled. Oh no that's Ayush's grandma I thought.

She turned towards me and looked at me from toe to head and moved closer to me. I was so nervous that swear formed on my neck. This was so new to me.

"Ayush come here"she said with eyes still on me. Oh god she dint like me I thought.
"Ji dadi"he said standing beside me.

" kitni achi lag rahi hai inki jodi" she said with adoring eyes. I sighed in relief . I smiled and bent down and touched her legs and took blessings from her.

After meeting everyone we started our journey to the village. Unclewas driving and Ayush were sitting in the front while me and aunty were at the back. After 10 minutes of starting uncle got a call he picked it up and started talking. I put on my headphones and listened to music while looking out of the window.

"Guys there's a problem" I heard uncle say , I removed my headphones .
"What happend dad?" Ayush asked.
"I have to stay back here, it's a confidential matter" he said. Ayush nodded understanding
"Me and Swarna will take a cab back home while you two go with the others we'll join you tomorrow ok?" He asked we both nodded.

Uncle stopped the car we all got down and waited for the cab which aunty booked. It came after two minutes and they left.

"We should probably go too" said Ayush. I nodded and sat in the passenger seat while Ayush was driving. He called the others and told them already.

We both talked for sometime and then I felt sleepy. I don't know when i just dozed off next time I woke up we were in the middle of nowhere.

————————-

Helloooo lovely ppl!!

I'm sorry I couldn't update on time well about that,
I'm gonna keep publishing chapters every Tuesday and Friday from now on. Please keep supporting it helps me keep uppp

Thank youuu