Chicks Before Dicks

|Monse and Jasmine|

2 Years after graduation, it has been two years since I saw and hung out with my friends. After prom night everyone and everything changed, it was a good thing but also it wasn't. It was good because we all were doing what we loved now but also it sucked because we barely talked anymore.....I may have had something to do with that. After prom Monse went off to spend summer with her rich mom and stepdad, Jasmin was studying to be a nurse and taking care of father who wasn't capable of taking care of himself and me.....well I joined the Santos.

"Are you sure this is a good idea Carla? I mean last time I talked to Monse I told her what happened and that didn't go well." My best friend since childbirth says, Cesar, says as he walks over to me.

"It's been a long time since we talked I'm sure she's no longer mad." I apply my eyeliner, Cesar standing behind me watching.

I could how nervous he was, I could see it on his face. His whole face was red and he looked like he was dreading every second of me getting ready, knowing where I was headed.

"I just don't see what's the point honestly! She left us....why try to fix something that isn't broken?" Cesar snaps.

"And this is why you and Monse never work out." I sat down my makeup and walked out the bathroom and down the hall to my room.

"Was it that? Or was it when we kissed?" I stop dead in my tracks, that night was the worst night of my life! Everything after that moment ruined the rest of my life, not only did I lose my best friend but I hurt and that was never my intention.

"You kissed me Cesar let's not forget!" I turn around and snap at him.

"Yeah but you didn't stop me." He crossed his arms over his chest and smile

"You used me to hurt her! You kissed me knowing how vulnerable and drunk I was." I walked up to Cesar and poked him in his chest "Don't you see? Everything that has happened in your life is your fault! You do some stupid crazy shit and get all of us in trouble....we were loyal enough to stand by your side. Then you try and walk away from every situation like that fixes anything." I was beyond angry at him, I was pissed and had been for some time now. Yes I kissed him back and I fucked up, but how dare he try to pin this on me.

"She was leaving us like we were nothing! What kind of girlfriend is that!" He shouts "She left me just like my father did."

I throw my head back laughing at his so called reason.

"You little punk bitch! You are just like every guy out there....Manipulator! Manipulation at its finest, what kind of boyfriend isn't supportive of his girlfriend going away to college? Wanting some better for herself? Huh? Just cause our life turned out like this doesn't mean we have to hold back our friends."

Just at that moment Oscar walks up the stairs.

"What's going on? What's with all they yelling?" He says looking at Cesar then me but neither of us said anything "Cesar Vero here."

Cesar nods his head and walks away leaving me and Oscar alone.

"Heading out?" Oscar ask

"Yeah, I'm going to see Monse for the first time since...."I looked down and fiddle with my fingers "Since I fucked up." A small tear slips my eye, rolling down my cheek.

"Hey, y'all been friends forever don't let one thing ruin years of your friendship." Oscar says softly "One thing I learned was your friends will always be by your side, no matter what."

I look and smile at Oscar, he gives me nod before disappearing back downstairs.

•••
Man was this house packed! There was way too many people here, all I wanted to do was find my friends and repair our relationship. Was I nervous? Hell yeah, I felt a ball of guilt sitting in the bottom of my stomach, I could throw up any minute now.