Imagine

Cesar: The New Girl On The Block

It was the first day of summer and your first day on your new block. You and your mom had moved from Philadelphia to South Central Los Angeles, your mom had gotten a better job opportunity where she will be working more and also get paid right. While her mother was at work you were home waiting for the moving trucks to arrive so that you can start to unpack your things. Since nothing was in the house you had to wear the outfit from the day before which was gray sweatpants, gray hoodie, your pink slippers and tossed your hair in a bun.

 Since nothing was in the house you had to wear the outfit from the day before which was gray sweatpants, gray hoodie, your pink slippers and tossed your hair in a bun

You walked outside and sat on the step and played on your phone for a few seconds. You heard a noise erupt from next door causing you to peek over there, it was a bunch of guys drinking and sitting, talking and smoking. You noticed that they all wore the same color and kinda looked alike, your mother had mentioned that y'all would be moving to a gang affiliated neighborhood and it seems like you had moved next door to one. You decided to stay to yourself and stay put, not wanting anything to do with them or a gang at all. Finally the moving truck came, you let them in the house and they started taking boxes inside.

The people next door were watching y'all now, you didn't make eye contact to scared. You were bored so decided to help move some boxes, you walked over to the truck and started to unload the truck. You hopped in the truck picking up another box, it was heavy and you were beginning to struggle with it "Need some help?" You looked up to see a boy around your age, he was cute and had a nice smile.

"You think you can lift this?" You pointed down at the box then looked at him.

He jumped up into the truck "Let's see." He said smiling before picking up the box, struggling at first. "See I told you. Now where should I put it?" He asked holding the heavy box, smiling at you.

"In the living room is fine." You grabbed another box and took it inside the house.

Y'all both walk out the house together "Thank you." You say as y'all stand on the sidewalk.

"No problem, welcome to the neighborhood." Before you could say anything someone shouts making him turn around "I hope you're getting some after this!" You blink your eyes nervously, he turns back around and give you a small smile.

"Do you know them?" You asked

"Yeah that's my brother....I live there." He sticks his hand out for you to shake "I'm Cesar by the way."