Jamal

Fuck Imma be late! Out of all days, today is not the day that I wanna be late! I just had to get detention on Jamal first football game of the season......worst girlfriend award goes to me.

"Kat where the hell are you the game is almost over?" Monse yell through the phone.

"Im still in detention M, I can't get caught on the phone or that's my ass." I looked up to see where Mr William was, he was at his desk reading the newspaper, thank goodness for his bad eyesight and bad hearing. "Do you think Jamal noticed that I'm not there?" I whispered.

"No....at least not yet. He's been so focused on the game but you better hurry up and get here." I hear the desperation in Monse voice "I can't stall for you anymore Kat, this is very important to Jamal and you haven't been here to really support him. This is a really good game but it'll be better if his girlfriend was here."

I knew she was right but I didn't want to hear this right now.

"If I don't make it Monse just try and stall for like 15 more minutes." I plead.

"Fine." Monse breath heavy in frustration.

The phone clicks and it was obvious I wasn't going to be able to make this game, I had to do something special. I stared up at the clock on the wall, it was 10 minutes to 5, Jamal and I went to separate schools. So instead of making the game I would have to make it a special night for him, I would throw him a little get together, just a couple of friends and some good food. I know it's last minute and out of the blue but I had to make up for this.

•••

I blew the last red balloon and tied it up, the doorbell rings, I drop the balloon and walk over to the door.

"Finally you guys are here with the food! Where's the guys at?" I asked letting Monse, Jasmin and Olivia inside the home.

"You're welcome." Monse says handing me the pizza.

The girls entered the home and take of their jackets, I place the pizza boxes on the counter in the kitchen.

"They're on their way." Olivia says "I should warn you though...."she looks at the other girls then at me, she was hiding something.

"What is it?" I asked nervous, I looked at all three girls but no one said anything "What did I miss?"

"Besides this game? Or the games before this?" Monse question, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Okay yeah I get it! Monse I fucked up."

"You think?" Monse balls her face up.

"What happened?" I said looking at Olivia, ignoring Monse.

"Jamal found out you weren't at the game and he may have kissed one of the cheerleaders that he has so called been hooking up with......" Jasmin blurts out, both girls look at her eyes wide and shocked "Sorry..." Jasmin bites her lip.

The door opens wide and in comes my cheating as boyfriend and the rest of the guys. They came in laughing loud and finishing up their conversation "I would never eat anything else from your house again!" Jamal laughs

"Yeah thanks....now I owe Spooky money." Cesar rolls his eyes.

I stormed up to Jamal and grabbed his shirt, pulling him away from our friends.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I tapped my foot on the wooden floor impatiently.

"What are you talking about?" Jamal smiles goofy, his eyes were low, he must have ate Spooky edibles again.

"Do I look like I'm smiling right now? Who is this cheerleader that your are rumored to be hooking up with?" Jamal turned around and looked at our friends, you could read it on their face that something was said. "Jamal don't fuck with me right now."

Jamal shakes his head and lowers it.

"Kat look...."he says serious

"So it's true? You're cheating on me? What the fuck Jamal!" I pushed him and pushed him again, him stepping back with every push "After everything I have done for you?"

"What have you done for me? Huh? You haven't been to any of my games.....you don't support any of my ideas! What about when I call you in the middle of the night, do you answer? No, you're never there for me anymore." Jamal snaps "Ever since you moved around the rich people you forgot about us! And I'm not the only person who feels like this!"

I looked back at all my friends.

"Uhhh we should probably go....good game Jamal." Ruby says, Cesar and him backing up slowly and awkwardly.

"Fuck you Jamal! I have been there for you as much I as can....I can't help it that things are changing. My life isn't what it used to be, shit happens but that's where we communicate at." Tears spilled from my eyes.

"You weren't there so I went to someone else." Jamal says cold.

"So it was that easy huh? You gave up just like that?" I cried, Jamal doesn't say anything "So that means we're done and over huh?"

His silence said enough for me, I nod my head and bite my lips trying to not let the cry escape my mouth. I turn around and grab the gift bag from off the counter and handed it to him "Good luck in life Jamal."