Curiouser and Curiouser

Chapter 13:

Chapter 13:

Curiouser and Curiouser

...

Previously...

"And who might you be?" he asked as he slowly made his way to his desk.

Rosalie straightened herself and smiled as she introduced herself, "Good morning. You must be Alaric Saltzman. I'm Rosalie Bright, the new teaching assistant."

The man hesitated for a brief moment and slowly shook her hand, "Ah, yes. It must be slip my mind," he said as he gazed deeply into her emerald eyes. A hint of confusion flashed inside his eyes as he withdrew his hand. 'Those eyes,' his mind whispered softly.

Alaric cleared his throat and plastered a big, knowing smile on his face, "Welcome to Mystic Fall High, love."

...

MYSTIC FALL HIGH

"Dude, you won't believe what happen to me last night-"

"And then, Jessica went to her and decided to just-"

"Come on, Zack. Please let me copy your homework, man."

The sound of chattering students filled the long hallways as a young, beautiful, brunette girl stood in front of the notice board, looking at a huge poster for the school dance. She grabbed one of the flyers provided by the organize near the poster and smiled before turning around to see the people walking passed her. Seeing the familiar faces roaming along the hallway, she headed to her locker and began packing for her first class.

 Seeing the familiar faces roaming along the hallway, she headed to her locker and began packing for her first class

She grabbed her books and took a moment to see her reflection on the small mirror she plastered on her locker door. She tucked a few stray hairs behind her ear and shut the locker closed. She walked down the hallway and entered the history class. She stepped into the room and glanced around to see a few students sitting on their respective seats. Suddenly, a flash of red caught her brown, doe-like eyes. She shifted her gaze slightly to the back of the class and saw Alaric stood there with an unknown woman.