Cracking mirrors

Chapter 20:

Chapter 20:

Cracking mirrors

...

Previously. . .

"What's wrong, Jeremy?"

"It's Elena!" answered the young Gilbert behind the line. "Klaus took Elena!"

...

'...ake up...'

A soft groan emitted from her lips as a pair of deep brown eyes slowly opened. The smell of heavy smoke entered her nostril, causing her to cough at the unexpected harsh scent, and looked around to see her whereabouts. The memory of her getting out of Salvatore's house to see Jeremy and being attacked from behind flashed inside her head as she looked up to see the culprit.

Feeling her eyes on him, Klaus lifted his head from his altar and smirked as he greeted the beautiful doppelgänger. "Hello, love," he said.

A feeling of fear and awe bloomed inside her stomach as she shakily got up from the ground to face her capturer. Seeing him face to face struck heavily on her core as she remembered the story Elijah told her about Klaus.

The Original Vampire that had been cursed for more than a thousand years by his mother. A curse that causes him to tear himself up every full moon because of his origin, and because of that, he would do anything in his power to break the cycle of pain and to achieve his goal of being free.

"...Elena?"

A familiar voice snapped Elena away from her thought. She blinked and turned to her side to see none other than her beloved aunt, sitting inside a ring of fire like hers. Her eyes widened in surprise and horror when she realised what was going on. She snapped her head towards the dangerous man and begged him to release her aunt. "No!" she shouted. "Klaus, please let her go. Jenna has nothing to do with this. Please!"

Klaus let her pleads washed over him and simply declined. Elena started to cry as she swears that she would do anything for him as long as he released her aunt. Greta, one of Klaus' witches, waved her hand and slapped the noisy girl with her power, telling her to keep quiet. Elena fell onto the ground and cried as she begged for his mercy.

"I've spent 500 years looking for this," Klaus muttered as he reached into his pocket for the moonstone. He fiddled with it for a brief second, admiring its beauty before giving it to his witch. "I hate to part with it."

Greta took the moonstone and looked up to see the full moon above them. "The moon has passed its apex," she said as she began extracting power both from the werewolf and vampire, causing them to scream in pain. "Remember everything you need to do?" she questioned her master.