Something in your eyes

Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

Something in your eyes

...

MYSTIC FALL – 1864

The cold midnight air engulfed his slumped body, hugging him tightly as he looked lifelessly to the ground before him. In his arms was a body of a young woman. A young woman who was everything to him. She was once full of life, full of hopes and dream but tonight, she was nothing but an empty shell. She was killed by none other than his hands, his thirst. He was nothing but a mindless  beast hunger for blood.

Stefan blinked his empty lifeless eyes and turned his gaze to her face. His dirty hand cupped her cold cheek, caressed it lovingly before bestowed her with a kiss on her bluish lips as he whispered his love for her. 

'Please, God. Please forgive her. Let her be with You in Your Heaven . And whenever the time comes , reunited us once again for my love for her never ends.'

With that prayer in mind, Stefan shakily stood up from the ground on his two feet and made his way through the dark. He carried her lifeless body with him and headed towards the Mystic Fall cemetery. Every step he took was agony, he could feel his heart breaks more and more each time until it leaved nothing but emptiness inside his chest.

The gate creaked loudly into the night as he entered the sacred ground. He looked at the tombstones covered ground and headed to the place where he knew his mother was buried. He stood in front of his mother tombstone and glanced at the name written on it, "Lillian Salvatore" it wrote, "Born on February 27, 1820 – Died on May 1858. A beloved daughter, wife and mother".

Swallowed the sour taste inside his mouth, he placed the body down and started to dig the ground next to his mother with his bare hands. Inch by inch were being dug as he ignored the stinging pain and blood dripping from his raw hands. He got out from the hole he dug and lifted her body up to lay her down into the earth. It was surreal. To be here, seeing her lay peacefully inside the ground. It was a nightmare. He never thought in all of his life, he would be doing this. He would be the one to bury his love ones.

He brushed her hairs away from her face and gave her one last kiss of goodbye before buried her into the earth.

...

A pair of forest green eyes blinked the memory away from his sight and turned his attention back to the road in front of him, ignoring the Mystic Fall cemetery he had passed along the way to tomb where Katherine being held captive.

Ever since he met with Her, his minds had been constantly flooded with memories. Memories that he struggled to forget and pushed deeply into the depth of his mind. Despite his best effort to lock it away, it just kept on played over and over, hovering around inside his head as if to mock him. It was overwhelming.