Fallen pieces

Chapter 21:

Chapter 21:

Fallen pieces

...

Previously. . .

Elena stopped near the injured witch and looked at the destruction caused by the cursed man. Damon, Stefan, Jenna, Jules. All of them. 'It's all my fault,' her mind echoed as tears of sadness and acceptance fell down her cheeks....

.

"Hello, brother," Elijah greeted his wayward little sibling before putting his hand into his chest.

.

Bonnie pursed her lips and wrapped her power around the brothers as a warning. "If you do it, I'll take you both down," she said...

Klaus squeezed his wrist. "Brother, please?" he whispered.

.

'Always and forever... my family'

...

MYSTIC FALL'S CEMETERY

The next morning, heavy dark clouds loomed over the small town, announcing their sadness. Stefan was wearing his black suit, standing among the group as he looked at the two siblings. A feeling of sadness and guilt flooded his chest as he averted his eyes. The Gilberts' funeral was incredibly sad and heavy.

Damon held Elena's hand as he walked her to the graves. Elena had four roses clutched in her hand. She stopped in front of her family's graves and knelt down, placing each of them a single rose. Two trails of hot tears slid down her cheeks as she savoured her final goodbye. She touched the gravestones and traced the words carved on them. A shaky breath escaped from her dried lips as she let out a soft, sad smile. "Rest well," she whispered. "I love you..."

She stood up and walked towards her brother, crying openly in his arms as she took his comfort. Jeremy's eyes were red with tears as he looked at his aunt and uncle's graves. A look of sadness and devastation swirled inside his dark eyes as he hugged his sole family member tightly.

Couldn't handle the sadness and gloom surrounding him, Damon walked away and headed for the entrance. Stefan, who was standing beside Caroline and Matt, watched his older brother and quietly followed the man. "Damon!" he called out to him. "Are you heading home?" he asked.

The dark-haired man paused in the middle of his track and turned around to see him. A moment of hesitation flashed briefly inside his blue eyes as he shrugged nonchalantly. "I think I going to the bar," he answered.