Concrete Heart

Chapter 22:

Chapter 22:

Concrete Heart

...

Previously. . .

"Damon's dying."

.

Bonnie blinked as her demeanour started to change. She tilted her head and let out a small amused smile on her lips. "Why have you come here, Stefan?" she asked with a soft coy voice.

"I need your help," answered the man as he met her cold brown eyes. "I need to know if there's a spell that can heal a werewolf's bite."

"No," she shut him down instantly.

.

Bonnie regained herself and looked up at Stefan. "It's Klaus. The answer is Klaus."

...

"He's getting worse, Stefan."

Hearing those words, a twinge of sadness stabbed Stefan's unbeaten heart as he clenched his jaw, suppressing the urge to scream to the heavens for his fate. Stefan tightened his grip on his steering wheel and let out a deep sigh as he leaned his forehead against it, hiding the desperation swirl inside his green eyes. "How is he?" he inquired softly as he waited for a response.

"He's been begging me to see Elena," Alaric explained as he eyed the sick vampire inside the dark, grimy dungeon. A wave of sadness flooded his chest as he turned his back to the dark-haired man, unwilling to see the sickness and death looming over his friend. He exited the basement and made his way into the parlour, regaining himself from his dark, gloomy thoughts as he grabbed a glass of whiskey. "Does Elena know about this?" he asked, taking a small sip of the alcohol to numb his sadness.

"No," Stefan muttered as he leaned back against his leather seat. "Damon promised me not to tell her."

Alaric silenced as he looked down at his glass, wondering why they are in this situation, to begin with. He clenched his teeth and slammed the glass down on the wooden counter in frustration. "So, how is your search for the cure?" he asked, wanting to change the solemn subject to something hopeful. "Did Bonnie tell you anything about the bite?"

Stefan told him about what happened inside the witches' house and asked him for his thoughts. "The plausibility of Klaus knowing about the cure is pretty high," voiced the hunter as he took a seat on the sofa inside the Salvatore's parlour. "I mean, from what Elijah told us about Klaus, he is a hybrid," he said as he began explaining his idea regarding the said man. " A hybrid with both vampire and werewolf attributes. It should be impossible to have both of the opposite spectrum combined and yet here he is, breaking the curse that binds his werewolf blood and still being unharmed by both of those genes, colliding inside a single body. That has to mean something isn't it? There must be something that affects either of those genes. Something in his blood..."